THIRTY-SIX

Can I get more comments please? We need to do better than the last chapter.

RECAP

"You changed," I said getting her attention. "You're cursing now and shit, dressing differently. You're more laid back and cool. I like that, you're getting used to the hood."

I watched her as she took a moment to respond "It's not that bad until someone starts shooting out of nowhere." She said with a laugh.

Hearing her laugh and seeing her smile made me feel relieved in some type of way. The tension finally went away and she was less tense.

"Speaking of shooting, remember at your house when we were playing Call of Duty?"

A small smile crept up on her face "Yeah, I do."

"What happened to those times?" I asked looking her dead in the eyes.

She took a moment to respond. "I don't know," She shrugged looking away.

"You think we could go back to that?"

She sighed and got out of the booth standing next to the table. She then took the pizza I was eating and took a bite out of it while staring me dead in my eyes. She smirked and licked her lips. "Why don't we find out? Play me." She said walking away to the gaming area.

Trinity

"Thanks for meeting me," I said tucking my hair behind my ears as he slid in the booth in front of me.

"Seemed important if you couldn't tell me over the phone." He responded zipping down his coat. He looked at me "We haven't spoken since new years eve."

I sighed "Khalil, I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked scrunching up his eyebrows.

I shifted in my seat looking at everyone and everything but him. After a minute of silence, I took a deep breath and sat up in the Burger King booth. "I think we should just remain friends." I looked up at him and saw his face soften. "I'm sorry."

He shrugged "Why you keep apologizing?"

It was my turn to shrug, "I don't know, it feels necessary."

"I'm not surprised, I mean it's pretty obvious you and Chris has or had a thing."

My eyes grew wide as I gasped, "How do you know?"

"Bitches talk." He simply responded, "And China's Snapchat." He added.

I rolled my eyes "Can we stil—"

"Yeah, we can still be friends girl." He chuckled throwing a random barbecue sauce packet at me.

I was beyond surprised. I don't know why, but I expected Khalil to be salty and petty with the situation. He's different, I like him. I'm more than willing to keep him around as a friend who I can talk to.

 "Okay then, cool," I said smiling in my seat. 

'''

"Is it bad that I'm like extremely nervous?" I asked aloud walking up the porch steps twiddling my thumbs.

China rung the doorbell then turned around looking at me "Relax, you'll be fine."

"There's nothing to worry about, Chris' mom is cool people," Michael said.

China, Kae, and Michael were all on their phones looking unbothered waiting for somebody to answer the door while I stood here like a nervous wreck. I don't know what to expect right now.