day 14

day 14
09:22

"you hunt street bats." jimin spat at yoongi.

they've been arguing since jungkook and jimin arrived twenty minutes ago.

"jimin, please. we just came for breakfast remember?" jungkook huffed, having already finished what he ordered whereas jimin was barely half way done due to his constant bickering with yoongi.

"are you two busy or something?" taehyung asked, collecting empty mugs from the booth in front of them.

"yeah," jungkook smiled up at his older friend, "jimin wanted to buy flowers for his apartment."

hoseok beamed at the mention of flowers and practically skipped over to the group. "what kind of flowers, jiminie? i wish i could come with you two." he sighed dramatically.

"i'm not sure, but i want angiosperms." the small boy nodded, yoongi, who sat at the table with namjoon across from jungkook and jimin, now long forgotten.

"what the fuck are you? a botanist?" yoongi mumbled from underneath his breath, making namjoon discreetly kick his shin.

"i actually am." jimin deadpanned with all seriousness.

jin had walked over by this point, figuring he might as well join in if none of his coworker friends would do their jobs. besides, there were other employees around who were capable of keeping the shop running.

"that explains the flower crowns in the park the other day." namjoon nodded to himself.

jin pulled up a chair and sat it in between the two oldest boys. he sat his elbows on the table and rested his chin in the crook of both his palms.

namjoon held back the urge to pinch jin's cheeks and poke his nose, stuffing a piece of strawberry shortcake in his mouth instead.

"do you like flowers, yoongi?" hoseok cocked his head to the side in wonder.

"do you always openly flirt with your customers?" jungkook's hand smacked jimin's bicep with a loud whack. he wasn't sure why his friend was so crabby today, but that wasn't an excuse to be rude to someone older than him.

"i'm not flirting, and even if i was, i'd be surprised you know what that looks like you miniature bottle of pepto bismol," hoseok could've stopped there, but he didn't.

"jimin i could roast you back into your mother's womb, but i am a child of everything good and pure in this world, you fucking slytherin. stop making my blood pressure rise."

and with that, he stomped off into the kitchen with jaejoon.

jin's days seemed to now end in a comfortable routine at namjoon's apartment.

he'd make the ascent up the worn steps, take his time strolling through the cool hallway, and end up at his friend's contemporary inspired plywood door.

as namjoon greeted him, smiles and shared hugs were normal.

vanilla tea waiting for jin on the black, granite countertop was normal.

the temperature warm enough to make one want to stay on the couch, bundled in blankets forever, was normal.

their friendship hurdled at light-speed and neither boy was bothered by the fact.

"i wrote some new lyrics today." namjoon was wrapped in a thick, knitted blanket. he was sitting besides jin with his legs crossed and his right knee touching the older boy's left.

"yoongi helped out, and so did hoseok, but over text. we're all in a group chat if you didn't already know."

"i didn't." jin mused lightly. "i'm surprised, though. hoseok kept quite rather than boasting about it relentlessly."

namjoon laughed heartily, his heart softening at the mention of the hyperactive boy. "he's very energetic, isn't he."

"he has his moments," jin smiled, watching namjoon open up his black moleskin notebook.

"i prefer hobi that way though. when he's sad or upset, it's draining on everyone around. he's like our energy source; like the sun to plants. the balance he brings is fruitful and—"

he stopped talking when he caught namjoon's unwavering gaze. a sheepish laugh escaped from between his lips in a drawn breath. he felt like he was in front of his class in only underwear.

"i swear, jin, if you apologize for loving your friend i will break your video game collection." namjoon butted in before jin could say he was sorry for blabbering.

"i love hobi, sure, but i don't love hobi." jin rolled his eyes as namjoon smoothed the thick paper of his notebook.

he didn't take any time to think before deciding that jin was out of his mind. "that doesn't make sense." the younger frowned.

"did i not emphasize the second 'love' enough for you? maybe you should stop dying your hair, all that bleach is seeping into your brain, namjoonie."

a condescending smile was given along with a belittling pat on the head from seokjin.

"wow. are we really close enough to where we can offend each other now? because you don't want me coming for your mario collection."

"sorry, bae." seokjin blew a theatrical kiss in namjoon's direction,

which he flicked it away with a smug smile.

***

on one hand i'd dodgeball jin's kiss, but on the other i'd american ninja warrior for it

does that make sense