Promise You Won't Let Go

Kate woke up to beautiful green eyes staring down at her.

"Good morning gorgeous" Jayson said as he gently kissed her forehead.

Kate smiled at him and tried to recall last night. The last thing she remembered was Jayson asking her what she last ate.

"You fell asleep while I ordered room service for dinner." Jayson chuckled as Kate blushed.

"I am sorry."

"No don't apologize love, you were tired." Kate snuggled closer to Jay and laid her head against his chest.

"I don't ever want to lose this Kate" Jayson whispered as he ran his fingers up and down her arm.

They both laid there for a few more minutes and then Jayson stomach growled. He was starved. He couldn't recall when he last had a proper meal. Last night when the food came, Kate was already asleep and when he bought her to bed, she held onto him and he slid into bed with her, letting the food go cold.

Kate laughed out loud at the noises his stomach was making.

"What?" Jayson grinned as he got out of bed and grabbed his dress shirt and buttoned it up. His slacks were completely wrinkled.

"Come on let's get out of here." Jayson said as he took Kate's hand and they walked out of the hotel room.

They waited for the valet to bring his car to the front and he felt Kate shiver next to him. It was late September and the morning breeze had a chill to it. Jayson took his suit jacket and wrapped it around her small shoulders.

The car came and Jayson held open the door for Kate as she slid in.

"Where are we going?" Kate asked as Jayson clicked in his seat belt.

"Home" and Kate smiled at that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Kate you done?!" Jayson yelled as he stood in the kitchen, piling pancakes on two plates.

Upon arriving home, Jayson took a shower which was a great effort as Kate went to shower in the spare bath. How badly he wanted her to join him but he controlled himself as things were still delicate between them.

Jayson turned around as he heard Kate enter the kitchen area.

Kate watched Jayson smirk and raise his eyebrow as he took in her appearance. She was wearing one of his boxers with his grey t-shirt.

Kate tilted her head.

"Staring is rude"

"What? I am just appreciating the view."

Kate grabbed a kitchen towel and chucked it Jayson as he easily grabbed it and kept it aside. He then pulled her against his chest. Kate closed her eyes waiting for his lips but they never came.

"Breakfast is ready" Jay whispered in her ear and pulled back laughing. A shiver ran down her spine and her cheeks reddened. She shook her head and made her way around the counter and sat on one of the bar stools as Jay poured syrup on the pancakes. He set both the plates and sat down next to her.

Music played at a low volume through the speakers which were connected to Jay's IPod. They both ate in comfortable silence, savoring each other's company more than the food in front of them. Kate occasionally glanced at Jayson as he ate. Maybe she was completely high of love but she swore this man got even more perfect and handsome every time she looked at him. He was wearing grey sweatpants with a black vest. His hair was air dried after the shower and all over the place in a sexy way.

"A picture would last longer you know" Jayson said without looking at her as he forked down the last piece of pancake and got up. Kate almost choked on her bite.

"Stare all you want beautiful, I am all yours." Jayson said as he grabbed her plate as she finished and kissed the top of her head.

He put the dishes in the sink and turned around. His breath stopped every time he looked at the woman he loved. He couldn't be thankful enough that she was back in his life. The past two years were worse than hell for him. She was his light.

The song changed on the speaker and Jayson smiled as he heard the song. It was one of his favorite because it described how he felt for Kate.

"A dance?" Jayson asked as he held out his hand.

"What?" Kate asked as she chuckled

"One dance my love."

Kate laughed as she stood up and Jayson gathered her in his strong arms and twirled her around. He gently put her down and pulled her close to himself, holding her waist as her hands rested on his shoulders.

"This song is for you beautiful" Jayson said quietly as they both swayed from side to side.

*I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me
When I needed you most

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise till death we part
Like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you
Now everybody knows
That it's just you and me
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go*

[song video above at the beginning^]

Kate couldn't hold back the tears as the song finished and Jayson pulled her close like he was still scared to lose her.

Kate pushed slightly back and looked up at him. His eyes were glassy as he looked down at her. She put her hands on his cheeks and pulled his head down, sealing his lips with her own. The kiss was filled with a promise, a promise to never let go.

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to @wefive , your caps locked comments always make me smile and motivate me to update sooner. Thank you.

Disclaimer: the song is copyright of its singer and company. I just shared it as it is relevant to the characters love story.