Chapter Twenty-Six

With Jimmy being suspiciously nice and me having more time within my schedule, Delaney and I had been spending way too much time together within the last two weeks. Usually, I would get tired of hanging out with a girl that I'm talking to after a couple of days straight with each other, but it wasn't like that with Delaney. The more time we spent together, the more infatuated I got with her and the more time I wish I could spend with her. I would say she wasn't like most girls, but that would be a little too cliché. Delaney was her own person, she wasn't like any girls or anyone I've known for that matter. She was fun, carefree but still chill. We could do anything and she'd be satisfied. Whether we went to a nightclub or just chilled at my place watching movies, she was still satisfied and entertained. She was just happy to be with me, just like I was happy to be with her.

She was like my best friend and lover mixed in one and the more time I spent with her, the more grateful I was to have her as my girlfriend. I wouldn't say it was love just yet. I wouldn't want to jinx it or get ahead of myself, but I really cared for her more than most people in my life. She was in my top ten favorite people, right above Leo and under Giana, which was a good f-cking spot. Even my ex-fiancé wasn't in my top ten, which I guess says a lot about how hurried and unimportant our relationship was.

Anyways, though we've been spending so much time together, Delaney came up with a wonderful idea to have a date night every week. A night that we had to go out and do something fun. Each week one of us would choose what we wanted to do, and tonight, I was the one to choose our first weekly date. It was a smart idea, but overly cheesy. I knew as soon as my friends heard me mention 'date night' they were going to clown me, but it was all worth it for her.

Since it was our first weekly date, I wanted it to be special and romantic. I picked up Delaney in one of my best rides and blindfolded her so she had no idea where we were going.

"Let me guess. It's another Drake concert," Delaney guessed for the hundredth time during the ten minute car ride. The car had come to a stop and she was getting giddy. "No, no! You're dressed too casually. Are we doing something that normal, cute couples do? Are we going mini-golfing!?"

"Dammit, how'd you find out," I grumbled sarcastically as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

Delaney grinned ear to ear and reached for her blindfold. "I knew it."

I chuckled and grabbed her hand before she could take off the blindfold. "I'm kidding, numskull. Wait for it."

I couldn't see her eyes but I knew she rolled them at me. Letting out a snicker, I got out of the car and helped her get out as well. She reluctantly grabbed my hand as she sniffed at the air. "It smells like paint," she stated. "Are we going to a painting class for couples? That's cute!"

"You're getting colder and colder, darlin'. We're almost there."

A couple more steps, ten more guesses and the blindfold was finally taken off. When Delaney saw where we were, for a brief second, she was confused but then she began laughing hysterically. "What the f-ck, Andy!? An empty shooting range!?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her as I handed her ear plugs. "Wait, are you serious!? You want me to shoot a gun?"

"Have you never shot one before?"

"Baby, I wasn't brought up like you. Of course, I haven't. But, I guess I will today, huh?" She took the ear plugs willingly as she looked over at a rack on the wall which had a range of guns of all different sizes and calibers.

"I know it may be crazy, but you're with me now. We're together. There may come a time where you'll have to use a gun. I really hope it never happens, but we have to be prepared. I want you to be safe whether I'm with you or not. This is going to be fun, educational and it might help you out in the future, but if you're not comfortable then I totally get it. I'd never make you do anything you don't want to."