t w e n t y - s e v e n

And boom.

(A/n A double update today. Please also check chapter 26)

***The steamy scene is found in my other book "EROS". In order to view the restricted chapter, follow me first then add it to your library. If you're not interested in reading sexual stuffs you can just proceed reading this "clean version" chapter.

-LISA-

The wide expanse of his back that is facing me is making me drool just by the sight of it. How is it possible that even his back looks extremely sexy?

The Don grabs the clean towel hanging by the chair and wipes it into his head as he dries his still dripping hair.

"What do you want?" He queries without looking at me, a sign of his indifference towards me. His deep voice sounds stressed with an edge to it making me regret my sudden decision of confronting him.

I can't find my voice to answer since my nerves begin to get crazy. Why is he being detached again? Did I do something wrong?

My prolong response seems to catch his curiosity as he finally decides to glance at me. His hardened expression slightly softens when our gaze meet. His countenance turns into a frown when his eyes move toward the side of my stomach right where the bullet hit me.

Without any words leaving from any of our mouths, he walks towards me his gaze back to being stern and hard causing me to take a step back. A sharp intake of air is elicited from my lungs when he's already a few inches away from me. He is too intimately close.

Without leaving his eyes away from my face, I feel his hand drops to my waist going lower till he reach the end of my dress. Slowly he lifts it up to my horror. A squeak leaves my throat, rendering him to raise his right brow as if challenging me to stop him. He lifts my dress up till it expose my naked waist. I almost die from humiliation when I remember that I'm only wearing an ugly granny undies. I mean I have other presentable underwears but today of all days I decided to wear the most unglamored of all.

Very classy Lisa.

I know I should stop him but I also know the reason behind his action.

He wants to see my injury.

He then crouches down till his head is in level to my waist. I swear all of my hair rises when without warning he softly kisses the site where the bullet wounded me.

I'm too stunned to make a reaction and it takes a few moments of me holding my breath and him continuing brushing his lips to my wound delicately till I find my voice.

"W-what are you doing?" I stammer, finally finding the courage to speak.

"Shh.." He silenced me as he grips my waist while his other hand holds me behind my leg to steady my weakening knees.

He gives the scar another more gentle kiss before he stands up to face me again. I hold my breath while his penetrating gaze studies my face. He seems to be contemplating about something by the looks of his eyebrows being pulled together. I watch his face shifts into different facet of emotion in just a few seconds that I can't even comprehend it until it settled into anger which brings me into deep confusion.