Bruises

Coles POV

I tied the laces on my skates and (Y/N) did the same. There were kids everywhere with their parents, all excited to get on the ice. I can't lie and say that I wasn't excited because I was.

It all happened so fast, one minute the room was packed full of eager families and then the next it was empty. I looked out of the window to see everyone already on the ice. I looked to my side to see (Y/N) finishing tying her laces. I intertwined our glove covered fingers. I helped her stand up and walk over to the rink.

"I can't skate babe." I admitted, feeling somewhat embarrassed. She smiled and took a hold of my other hand. She guided me to the entrance of the rink and she naturally climbed onto it, not slipping once. I tried my best to follow her elegance but I slipped, straight onto my bum. She didn't try to hold in her laugh instead she laughed loudly, the sound like music to my ears. She helped me up and wrapped her arm around my waist.

"I'm meant to hold you whilst we skate." I pouted as we skated a little, slowly and carefully.

"I like different." She assured me. We skated for a little while and I started to feel a little more confident. I unhooked her arm from around my waist and held her hand, starting to pull her along with me. She kept telling me to slow down but my confidence took over and karma came back to slap me into reality. My leg jolted and I slipped on the ice being thrown onto my back. Luckily, I let go of (Y/N)'s hand so she didn't fall down with me.

"Are you okay?!" She crouched down to try and help me up. I winced lightly and nodded. As much pain as I was in, I didn't bother trying to stop and burst out laughing.

"I think I'm going to sit out for a while." She nodded and took a strong hold on my bicep, pulling me up. After skating towards the exit we walked into the locker room where we changed out of our skates and into our normal shoes. I pulled up my top lightly.

"Is there a bruise?" I asked her. She looked up and directed her eyes towards my lower back, wincing lightly. She nodded with a small pout on her face.

"We can go and get it checked out? It looks painful." She stated. I shook my head and held my arms out in a gesture for her to come and hug me. She understood my gesture and walked over to me, falling into my embrace. I sighed contently and placed a small kiss on her forehead. "I don't like seeing you in pain," She looked up at me, pouting.

"I'm fine." I lied. My back was throbbing but this was our date and I've already ruined it by becoming too confident and hurting myself. I wasn't going to let myself ruin it anymore by having us sitting in hospital whilst I get my back seen to.

After swapping back our skates for our shoes, we went to the bar attached to the ice rink for some hot drinks. It was particularly cold tonight. I ordered us both hot chocolates with marshmallows for (Y/N) and marshmallows, whipped cream and a flake for me. Typical.

I took our drinks over to our table where (Y/N) sat down, gazing out of the window towards the ice rink.

"Hot chocolate m'lady," I placed it in front of her and she smirked.

"Such a gentleman," (Y/N) complemented me. I kissed her quickly and sat down opposite her. She traced the rim of her cup. 

"I'm really sorry that we had to stop early." My cheeks started to heat up with embarrassment as she looked up at me through her eyelashes. She let out a small laugh and shook her head. I pouted and took a quick sip of my drink. The warm liquid warmed my body and (Y/N) started giggling.

"What?" I started laughing. She shook her head and leaned over the table. Her thumb ran across my bottom lip.

"You had some cream," She giggled once again and wiped her thumb on a napkin. "And don't be silly, babe. Besides, I guess you could say you fell for me..." She sweetly smiled. I pretended to heave and started to laugh. 

"You could be so lucky..." I winked at her. 

After finishing our drinks and our bodies had warmed up, we left the ice rink, hand in hand. Her gloved covered hand ran up and down my arm as we walked back to the car. She wore a grey beanie, my grey beanie, with a big grey scarf. Despite her being adorned in layers of clothing, her teeth still chattered. Adorable giggles falling from her mouth when my teeth started to chatter.

I opened the car door for her and before she climbed in a small snowflake landed on the end of my nose, melting almost instantly. Just then, one fell on top of (Y/N)'s nose and a few landed in the ends of her hair.

"It's snowing," I simply stated. She looked up at the sky, a few snowflakes falling around her glowing face. It was pitch black outside but everything seem a whole much lighter when I was around (Y/N). She seemed to make something dark turn to light, something negative turn to positive.

A/N I hope you liked this one :)

Also I've been getting some comments so here's a disclaimer, like it says in my bio and I've said it before, some imagines I write myself, but most I don't. I'm just making a collection of some of the best :)

I hope you all have a great day my lovelys

XxX