Chapter 15

Readers POV
A few hours had passed after what happened with BEN. Since Jack 'saved' me, and me hugging him.. I've stayed by his side wherever he went, following him like a lost puppy. The only time I gave him space is when he went to the bathroom, but even then I waited outside the door. I was scared. I was worried that if I was ever on my own, BEN might get me..

Jack, Toby and I were all sat at the dinner table. We weren't eating and it wasn't even close to the time where we eat, we just sat there to talk. We would have gone in the TV room, but since I now know BEN can travel into TVs, phones, computers, anything like that. I want to stay as far away as I can. Luckily, there's nothing like that around the dinner table. So we decided to sit there.
"[N-Name] can you t-tell me wh-what ha-append? Jack won't s-say." Toby asks me, ticking and twitching. I sigh, looking away from them both. Jack and Toby sat next to each other on one side of the table, and I sat opposite them on the other side. My back was to the wall and Jack and Toby's back was facing the hallway. They thought it would best if they say that side incase BEN teleported behind me.
"Hey." Jack speaks up, causing me to flinch and look in his direction.
"You don't have to tell him anything" he states. Toby turns to him in shock. Tutting.
"H-Hey! Don't say t-that! I want to know what h-happened!"
As the pair of them started in their own little argument about whether I should say anything, my mind starts to wonder as I block out their voices so I can concentrate. I can't believe it... It may have happened a few hours ago, but I still can't get over it.. I thought BEN was one of the good guys. I thought he was a friend.. I guess not.. Just then, as my eyes wonder around the room, a figure appears in the doorway. I can't see who it is, all I see is a shadow. I jump up out of my seat and back away, against the wall, wrapping my arms around myself. Jack and Toby instantly know what's wrong, Jack takes out his scalpel and Toby grabs his hatchets. The leap out of their seats, preparing for BEN.
"Heh, easy there idiots. It's me." Said the voice as the figure stepped out of the shadows. It was Masky. As he stepped out, another figure stepped from behind him, it was his friend, the one with his hood up all the time.
"Kid, this is Hoodie." Masky said, gesturing to Hoodie. I remain cowering in the corner. Masky just laughs, walking over to the table with Hoodie. All four of them sit back down. Jack letting out a deep sigh. I shakily reach for me chair, pulling it back towards the table and sitting down.
"[Name], you m-might want to warn us n-next time you're g-going to freak out. W-we could have k-k-killed Masky." Toby says, shaking his head at me. I lower mine, sighing.
"Sorry Toby." I whisper. I wrap my arms around my stomach to comfort myself. Masky just laughs at me.
"Look at you. You're a mess. All he did was kiss you a bit. No need to act like he did worse." He spat, staring at me through his mask.
"That's not the point.. I didn't want it.. when I said no, he still continued.. I was scared.." I reply in defence. This just makes Masky laugh more.
"You were scared, of BEN? All that freak does his hover about like a ghost and possesses electronics. You're living in a house full of murders and monsters. There are worse people here than BEN. Like Jack for example." He chuckles, turning to Jack, placing his hand in his shoulder.
"Isn't that right Jack?" He giggles, shaking his shoulder a little. Jack lifts his hand, slapping Maskys hand off of his shoulder.
"Piss off Masky." Jack growls. Lowering his hand back down, placing it inside his pocket.
"You know. I don't get you Jack. You said you wanted to kill this bitch. But yet you saved her from BEN. What's all that about?" Masky said, glancing at everyone individually. Hoodie shrugs at his words. Masky turns back to Jack, leaning forward, over the table slightly to look at him.
"Well? Why'd you help her?" He asked again. This time his voice was more deep and stern.
"Because I'm not a prick like you Masky" Jack snaps. His focus was on the table. One hand in his pocket, while the other resting on the table.
Masky chuckles, turning to face me.
"Why do you think Jack helped you?" His question caused Jack to raise his head. All eyes were now on me, everyone staring, waiting for my response. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. So I just sigh and look down at my lap.
This seems to anger Masky. Before I even had time to blink, Masky had lunged over the table, grabbing my [f/c] shirt collar, yanking me forward, bringing his face - mask, close to mine.
"I'm getting tired of you. Answer when I talk to you!" He growls. I've heard Masky annoyed at me before, but this wasn't annoyance, this was anger.
"If I remember correctly, we have some unfinished business." As he speaks, Masky pulls away from the table, dragging me over to his side across the top of the hard wood. Causing a few scrapes. He yanks me all the way across, pushing me to the floor. I wince as I hit the ground with a thud. I raise a hand to my neck, rubbing at the back where the shirt had pulled against my skin. Masky goes to say something but he is interrupted by the scratching of a chair against the floor. We both look over to see Jack standing up, staring at Masky. His hand still in his pocket. Toby was still in his seat but he had shuffled round to face us. Hoodie done the same.
Masky chuckled, turning to face me, taking a step closer. However, he was only able to take one before Slender teleported into the room. Everyone turned to face him. Even I shakily turned my head, looking in his direction.