2

- Saturday March 18th, 11;04 a.m -

- Lauren was in the studio with the girls, Normani was currently talking about a new song idea, but it was obvious that Lauren wasn't paying attention. She couldn't get her mind off of Camila. She didn't know why Camila had even texted her in the first place, or why she apologized for being so mean to her. "She deserved it." Lauren tried telling herself, but in a way Lauren knew that wasn't true.

"Lauren are you okay?" Ally asked, snapping Lauren out of her thoughts. "H-Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine!" Lauren lied and Dinah have her a look, "You don't look fine." Dinah said and Normani nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we've been sitting here for like an hour discussing song lyrics and you haven't heard a word we've said." The dark skinned girl said and Lauren only sighed.

"I'm just, feeling kind of down I guess." Lauren said, which wasn't completely a lie. She didn't really wanna tell the girls that she had spoken to Camila yesterday, and the day before that; she knew keeping it a secret from them was wrong, but she also knew they'd make a big deal out of it. "Besides, it's not like I'm gonna text her again. That was just a one time thing." Lauren thought to herself.

The girls all stared at Lauren, sympathetically. "You still sad about your breakup with Lucy?" Dinah asked, Lauren's eyes went wide, she had completely forgotten about Lucy due to how much she had been thinking about Camila. "U-Uh y-yeah, I guess that's why I'm feeling kind of sad." Lauren lied and Ally smiled at her best friend sadly. "It'll be okay Lauren, if it makes you feel any better, she's an idiot for letting you go." Ally said lightly and Normani nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I mean you're hot, she's missing out big time." Normani said and Lauren only smiled nervously.

"Yeah, I guess so." Lauren said quietly, feeling kind of guilty for not telling her best friends about Camila.

"Why don't we take a break yeah? We'll go pick up some lunch and you can stay here. You know, we'll give you some thinking and breathing room." Dinah offered and Lauren smiled, "Thanks guys, that'd be great." Lauren said lightly and Normani smiled. "Alright then, anything for you Laur. You want chicken wings or hamburgers?" Normani asked and Lauren only smiled, "Surprise me." Lauren said and they all nodded.

"Alright, we'll be back in half an hour." Ally said smiling, "Alright guys, drive safe." Lauren said as the three walked off.

After Lauren made sure none of them were coming back, she discretely reached into her purse and pulled out her phone. Opening her "Kik" app and clicking on her conversation from yesterday with Camila.

Lauren started to type something, then groaned, "Dammit Lauren, you said you wouldn't talk to her anymore." Lauren said to herself in a warning tone. "But I suppose one more conversation wouldn't hurt, just one!" Lauren said, arguing with herself.

-

LaurenJauregui: Hey.

CamilaCabello: hi?

LaurenJauregui: how are you?

CamilaCabello: ... I'm okay, how are you?

LaurenJauregui: same. What are you up to?

CamilaCabello: at home watching cartoons, what are you up to?

LaurenJauregui: in the studio, bored

CamilaCabello: that's great! You having fun?

LaurenJauregui: well clearly not if I just said that I was bored.

CamilaCabello: oh yeah, sorry.

LaurenJauregui: it's fine, I'm sorry for having such a sarcastic response.

CamilaCabello: it's fine. So uh, why are you texting me anyways? Not that I'm complaining or anything, it's just the other day you practically hated my guts??

LaurenJauregui: calm down Camila, I'm just in the studio bored with nothing to do and no one to text. Don't think too much of it.

CamilaCabello: whelp it's better than nothing ¯\_()_/¯

LaurenJauregui: whatever, the girls are back, I gotta go.

LaurenJauregui: ps: I still hate your guts byeeeee.

-

- Camila sighed as she read that last text from Lauren. She threw her phone on the other couch and sighed again, this time louder. "You okay?" Melanie asked, walking into the living room with Charli next to her. "Yeah, I'm fine." Camila lied, flashing them both a fake smile. Melanie gave her a look and Camila sighed.

"Okay, I'm not fine." Camila said quietly causing both girls to furrow their eyebrows as they sat next to the younger girl, staring at her to continue. "I texted Lauren the other day." Camila said and Melanie furrowed her eyebrows, "Yeah, you told us about that." Melanie said bluntly. "Well she actually answered." Camila said and both of their eyes went wide. "I thought she was ignoring you." Charli said, furrowing her eyebrows, and Camila only shrugged.

"I thought that too, but we actually were having a normal conversation today." Camila said causing Melanie and Charli to exchange looks, "Then what's the problem?" Charli asked. "Look at the last message she sent me." Camila said as she leaned over and grabbed her phone. She handed her phone to Charli causing Melanie to lean in next to her and stare at the phone.

"P.s I still hate your guts, bye." Charli read the text out loud, "Well I mean I'm sure she didn't mean it." Melanie said, trying to make Camila feel better. Camila then shot her a look, "Of course she meant it, she's Lauren. She wouldn't have said it if she didn't mean it." Camila said and Melanie only flashed her a sympathetic smile. "Wait." Charli said causing both of the girls to look at her, "She texted you first." Charli said, still staring at Camila's phone. "Yeah, and?" Camila asked, "If she really "hated your guts", why would she text you first?" Charli asked and Camila only stared at her.

"I don't know." Camila said bluntly, growing more confused by the minute. "God, why is she so confusing?" Camila asked groaning.