Chapter 53 || Year 26

The family of five walked through Kings Cross Station, huddled together closely, making sure not to leave anyone behind whilst pushing through the mass of muggles lining the platforms. They finally made it through the barrier, each member of the family safely making it onto platform nine and three quarters, the platform that would never get old for the two oldest members of the family.

Three heads of platinum blonde and two with a brunette colour looked through the crowd of now wizards and witches of varying ages, averting their eyes from one family to another until they found the familiar group of friends turned to family standing in a giant circle - parents and children bonding together as one.

They made their way over, the Malfoy couple watching as their eleven year old twins rushed over to their cousins, whilst their fourteen year old daughter stayed by their side, a small smile on her face as she watched the interaction occur, the younger children of the three families acting as if they hadn't seen each other for years.

"You know, Hal, after four years of doing this, it's still hard to say goodbye as you walk onto that train," Draco smiled softly, his hands interlocked with his wife of 16 years.

Halley Elara Malfoy grinned up at her father, cheeks indenting with dimples as she let out a genuine laugh, her curly, brunette hair bouncing behind her, chuckling out a "I think you're going soft, Dad."

Hermione just rolled her eyes and smirked at the two's usual behaviour, dragging her husband over to where her best friends were standing whilst he was bickering with her oldest child about who's better at the muggle game monopoly.

"Boys!" Hermione slightly shouted, letting go of her husband's as she light jogged over to her two best friends, running up and jumping into their embraces like she did as a child, only this time more carelessly.

She felt a tap on her shoulder, turning around to see her female best friends, untangling herself from the boy's arms so she could lunge into those of Ginny and Pansy.

"Man, I saw you guys last week, but it feels like it's been months," Ginny commented, removing her arm from around Hermione's waist to around her shoulder.

"Or maybe it just feels that way because we're acting like a teenage couple after weeks of not seeing each other," Pansy grinned, earning a laugh from both the girls.

As the group of three finished laughing amongst each other, the whistle of the Hogwarts Express could be heard, the sound ringing across the entire platform, indicating that the train was about to leave. Hermione looked around for the three mops of silver hair she knows all too well, finding her twin children standing with their father.

Draco glanced up as he felt his wife's eyes on him, and gave a large grin as he walked over to her, the twins following. He looked back down at them once he reached the beauty in front of him, Scorpius Hyperion on his left and Estella Helene on his right, both twin-siblings sporting perfectly combed platinum blonde hair, but with dark chocolate brown eyes - the exact mix of both their parents.

"You guys better hurry before your father makes you miss the train," Hermione smirked, earning a playful punch from the eldest blonde.

"C'mon, I'm not that bad, you're the one always talking to the girls for hours," Draco retorted, his wife huffing and rolling her eyes, causing him to burst out laughing at the known defeat in the light-hearted argument.

As the couple joked around, their children only shook their heads in amusement, Halley now joining them, quite used to the comical behaviour, but then remembering that they had to board the train before it left without them.

"Guys, we have to go before we miss the train and have to drive a flying car to Hogwarts," Estella said with a grin, recalling the story her Uncle Ron and Uncle Harry told the family over a thanksgiving dinner.

Draco just rolled his eyes as he ruffled her hair, causing a groan to escape the 11 year old's mouth as she desperately tried to comb the hair back down.

"I'm going to miss you guys, it's going to be odd not having you two running around all the time," Hermione said with a sigh, not only having to let go of her oldest daughter for a few months, but now her two younger children too.

"It's true, but at least I won't have to clean up after the mess your mischief makes anymore," Draco added, earning a snicker from Halley as she looked at her sister's slightly guilty expression.

"Admit it Dad, you think our pranks are cool," Scorpius grinned, his chocolate eyes crinkling slightly, not at all worrying about the destruction he causes with his pranks..

"In your dreams buddy," Was the only retort the oldest blonde came up with, this time Hermione giving the eye-roll, before going on to start her farewells.

The family of five said their goodbyes as the guards began to close the carriages doors, the twins excited for their first year at Hogwarts, and the others knowing they'll be just fine. Before long, the train was departing and slowly rolling away as multiple hands were hanging out the window, the students waving goodbye to their parents.

"We'll see you all at Christmas!" Hermione yelled out to her children, a smile on her face as she watched them travel off into the distance to the place she met the most amazing and important people.

She looked over next to her, her eyes locking with the light-grey of her husband's, and couldn't help but think of everything they've been through together - all the good and all the bad, and all the love they felt together.

And in that moment filled with pure love and happiness, they wouldn't change a thing.

~ F I N I S H E D ~