9 Months Later -23

“What’s happened?” I questioned panicked. Damon didn’t respond. His jaw was clenched and his knuckles where white from how hard he was holding the steering wheel. He still refused to answer my question.

“Damon answer me! What’s going on?” I shouted as loud as I could.

“Stop shouting, I can’t concentrate when you’re being this loud.” He shouted back at me.

“Well then tell me what the hell is going on!” I said in a firm tone. “Baby please, I need to know.”

“My father called, his associates informed him that Vince has sent a few of his family members to Tuscany. They know where we are. We need to grab Dante and Lena and leave.”

“Where will we go?” I asked my voice getting quieter.

“I don’t know, I’m trying to figure that out. Dante is getting everything together at the house, the guards still at the house have been informed and they will do whatever it takes to protect Lena. The ones who came with us today have split up, a few headed home before we left, and the remaining ones are still behind us.

I looked in the rear view mirror and saw only two of the four black SUV’s that had followed us this morning when we left the Villa.

“How long until they land?” I asked Damon.

“An hour, an hour and a half.”

But it took us 11 hours to fly here, I thought to myself. How could they have found out so fast were we had gone to? Vince is smart but he isn’t that smart is he? I thought to myself. We had such little time to leave, and we had only just gotten here. This is all my fault. I was the one who Vince was after, I was the reason why Lena, Damon, and Dante were in danger now. It was all my fault.

“Stay in the car.” Damon said as we pulled up in front of the doors to the villa. The guards pulled in right behind us. “They’ll keep you safe.” He said and ran into the house. It felt like time had gone into fat forward, Damon came running out of the house carrying Lena, Dante and the guards came out right behind them. Each person aside from Damon was carrying two black duffel bags, I could only imagine what was inside them.

“Mommy?” Lena said with fear in her voice as Damon buckled her into the car seat. I looked at the clock, we only had maybe ten minutes before their flight was expected to land. I saw Dante jump in the back of one of the SUV’s behind us and the remaining guards piled in where they could. Two of the men were walking over to ours’.

“It’s okay baby.” I said as I climbed into the back seat with her. I wrapped my arms around her the best that I could with the car seat in the way. I heard the doors open and one man climbed in front the other sat next to me.

We were quickly speeding away out of the driveway and down the road. I looked at the clock on the dashboard. Vince’s family was here.

It felt like we had been driving for days when we finally arrived at what looked to be a runway. At the end there was a huge hanger for the plane to sit in. In front of the hanger the plane looked like it was ready to go.