24 | ❝come on, ma chérie. open up your eyes.❞

raylee looked around for a specific familiar face in all the unfamiliar ones and started to breathe harder

          raylee looked around for a specific familiar face in all the unfamiliar ones and started to breathe harder. lewis had told her once she had boarded, that he would personally come to get her from the airport - it was his mother's demand. and apparently also great for the paparazzi.

          she sat down on a bench and closed her eyes. the flight had been uncomfortable with the drunk woman sitting beside her. the lady wouldn't stop talking about her new nose job. and raylee didn't know how to answer most of her drunken questions so the entire flight consisted of only saying the words "mhm" and "yes."

          raylee sighed, still keeping her eyes closed. she was finally going to meet the person she had been talking to over the phone with and it was messing with her brain. nervous and nauseous as ever, she started to pick at her nail polish.

          oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. is this real?

          her breathing ragged and it felt as if her heart was jumping out of her chest. she was scared of airplanes, but the feeling of meeting lewis leclercq was scarier. it was so much easier on the phone. he couldn't see her, whenever she was grinning like a stupid schoolgirl when he spoke kind words to her.

           raylee's mother wasn't too thrilled over her travel to another city in such a short notice, but she let her. she was turning eighteen in not too long, and her mother, nor her boyfriend had to pay a single dime which was definitive a plus. they trusted her. kind of. not really.

          sandra was shocked, to say it mildly. she hadn't been expecting this at all. besides, she partly also thought raylee was lying about lewis. raylee understood her and she knew she would think the same if she was in her friends shoes. of course, sandra was a bit jealous, but didn't let it show. all in all, she was also very excited for raylee.

          raylee started to get calmer and calmer, but her eyes were still closed.

          "raylee dayholt?"

          raylee panicked and didn't know if she should open her eyes or not. it's almost as if her heart was jumping out of her chest. oh my god, even his voice is beautiful.

          "i think you just missed her? i'm not so sure . . ." she trailed off, with a shaking voice. if this was someone else, then she'd been laughing her ass off at how ridiculous this girl was being. but come on, this was lewis leclercq standing in front of her!

          "nah, i'm pretty sure i didn't." the amusement in the voice was evident, even as raylee's eyes were closed. "come on, ma chérie. open up your eyes."