Chapter 26: Heck of a Night

"I think that if I had to get another tattoo it would be..." Eric hesitates as we walk into the tattoo parlor to look at new designs that they appartenly just came out with today.
"I'd probably get the Dautless symbol," he concludes, "How about you?"
"Probably a cross on my ankle or something," I shrug.
"Just for looks or..." he asks while picking up an image of a wolf.
"It would mean that wherever I go it's all apart of God's plan," I smile up at him and a glint of admiration dances in his eyes, "I like it," he nods.

Passing through we get a couple of odd stares, well I do at least. It's not everyday you see a former Amity and Dauntless leader strolling though stores together.
"When do we get our points?" I ask while looking at a horse tattoo.
"All the transfers already have points you start with 50 then once you get your jobs you get them added on monthly or weekly depending on what you want," he explains.

"What do you spend your points on?" I ask looking up at him.
"Mostly tattoos or beer," he shrugs.
"Or perfectly symmetric tables to satisfy your OCD?" I ask with a smirk, he just laughs and throws his arm around my shoulder while pulling me into his chest, "Yes and perfectly symmetric tables," he chuckles.

"So what was the meeting about?" I question lightly as we leave the parlor. The question seems to hit a nerve because his smile drops and posture tenses.
"Asher, the man who came into my apartment and got in a fight with me, he wants to be a leader again," he stops and leans against the wall shoving his hands in his pockets.
"What does that mean for you?"
"It means that I'd lose my leadership position for a year, that is cause next year he'll be to old to live in Dauntless," my jaw drops at his words.
"But that isn't fair! You have more authority over him right now doesn't that mean..." I start but Eric places his hands on both my shoulders to make me calm down.

"Max isn't allowing it, Asher just thinks that now since I'm with a former Amity it will effect my decision making but I agreed with Max to stay mutual on any decision that deals with the Amity," his hands glide down my arms and stop at mine lacing his fingers with mine.
"But isn't the treaty with the Amity kind of a big deal right now?" I ask lightly while his thumb strokes my hand.
"Yeah but, I was mutual on it before anyway," he sighs and my head shoots up, "Wait, so you didn't have a part to do with the Amity being sent to Dauntless?" I whisper in shock.

He shakes his head slightly, "No I just agreed with whatever Max said, Max and I usually have the same opinion on things and since I didn't know what I really believed in that situation I told Max to cast my vote for whatever he had." I sit there and stare up at him, he didn't have anything to do with me being for forced here. Huh.

"Eric!" I hear a shout echo throughout the Pit and see a minature looking Zeke come running with a blonde hair girl.
"Eric," the boy breathes catching his breathe then his eyes travel to me, "And Eric's tiny friend, I just successfully shot a mini-muffin off of Marlene's head," he breathes with a smile and points to the blonde who I'm assuming is Marlene. A smile falls on Eric's lips, "Uriah you're 21 I thought you'd grow out of this."
"I did!" he exclaims, "I grew of shooting normal muffins off of her head, now I shoot mini-muffins off her head," he beams.
"And remind me how many times she's gotten a welt on her forehead because you missed?"
"Ok that was one time! And that's because I sneezed right as I pulled the trigger!" he shouts which causes all of us to burst out laughing besides the blonde who shoots darts with her eyes in Uriah's direction.
"You know I think it's my turn to shoot a muffin off of your head," she says sickly sweet and is soon dragging Uriah away.
"Oh jeez," Eric breathes, "Let's just say Uriah has an odd fetish for shooting baked goods off of his fiancé's head," he laughs and I join in.

We walk around the Pit making more pointless small talk and having some more run ins with his friends and to my complete and utter joy he introduces me to them as his girlfriend. There's something about the title that sends some sort of fear into the eyes of those who I was introduced to, like just being associated with Eric made me dangerous, and I guess it kind of does.