Rules, Rooms and Parade

Goal 30 votes and 15 comments (daily updates)

Axel's Pov:

"I am not sleeping on the couch." I announced to Sophia as she stepped into my old room. I mean why should I give her my bed? Why should I value her comfort while she is tormenting me and her presence is only voiding my life of its pleasures? So why should I give her my comfortable bed?

"Such a gentleman." she sarcastically replied and walked to the couch beside my window

"Let's set the schedule and rules. Tonight, I will take a shower first then you may use the bathroom." I responded ignoring her tone 

"I am going to sneak to Mitchell's  room so there is no need to order me around." Sophia said as she laid on my sofa closing her eyes, bathing in the sunlight  and hugging a small pillow close to her.

"My mum would kill you if she finds out. She will call your mum over. And trust me, we don't need another mean old lady here." I said smiling at the defying spirit of my wife. 

"She is mean." Sophia approved and sat herself

"I am still taking the bed." I teased again waiting for her to fight for it or something

"No need to say that again because I wouldn't sleep in your bed for whatever reason." she told me and her emerald eyes found mine and connected in a long staring gaze.

"Are you involved in any kind of relation with Mitchell?" I questioned surprising even myself. Why am I suddenly interested in the woman I neglected for two years ? 

"Well I cannot deny that him and I are involved in some kind of a relation." She teased even though shock was written all over her face and some hint of a blush grew coloring her white cheeks and neck.

"And what kind of relation?" I questioned again exceeding the usual time of our conversations

"Why do you care?" Sophia questioned back stubbornly 

"So I won't be surprised, any time soon." I explained even though that reason sounded nonsensical to me too

"Well, I won't tell." She replied sticking her tongue out and couldn't help but smile again. Was talking to her always this easy and why didn't I notice this before?

"Sophia." I warned playfully as I walked to her and her eyes doubled in size...

"Phiaaaaaaaaaaaa."  A wild cry stopped my steps and my brother opened the door, ran to Sophia, held her hand and started to drag her out.

"Mitchell..." I yelled a bit angrily because he just broke all my rules; walking in without knocking, yelling and taking away what's mine?  Well I guess Sophia is not ...

"Movie...You may join us." He yelled from a far as he continued to run still dragging Sophia who started to give movie options.

That night my wife and brother skipped lunch and dinner. I sneaked on them to find them watching one movie after another. " A marathon" they called it and of what of all the seven movies of Harry Potter. Is it normal for Twenty somethings to spend that much time watching wizardry and unrealistic stuff? While they had their fun, I spent the day either working or calling Liza and coming up with endless excuses to please her.

" Axel!!!!!!!!!!!" my mother yells disturbed my sleep and shocked me back to reality. I searched to find my phone and looked to discover that it was still early. I was just six at the morning.

"Axel" the cry echoed though the walls of the mansion and I had no other option but to go down and discover what was happening.

"Mother., what's wrong?" I grumbled as I saw the old lady standing next to kitchen door

"Your wife is." My mother answered back ushering me to look inside the kitchen

"That sentence is what's wrong with my life." I grumbled again and walked into the kitchen to find Sophia huffing and mumbling to herself.

"What did you do?" I asked as she walked away from the kitchen island revealing her pink pajama shirt and short shirts.There were few flour stains on her her cheeks and her short black hair as always shined as the light reflected on it.

"I cooked breakfast and I may or may not ordered the maid to take the morning off." Sophia replied and looked down. I was a foot taller than her and now she looked like a cute kid confessing a bad deed.

"And why did you do that?" I asked her

"Because I wanted to be nice? and I already cooked for all of us." She explained in a small voice that made me smile.

"Sophia this house has its rules and all must be respected. You cannot just give day offs out of the blue. " My mother explained a bit harshly at Sophia who nodded silently. 

"Let's go to our room." I suggested and Sophia followed me without a fight.

"Let's find a way out of here." Sophia pleaded but I knew that nothing will save us from my mother's ire 

"She won't allow that. We can fly all the way to the moon but she will still find us." I argued knowing how authoritative my mother is 

"I won't oblige to her." Sophia declared stubbornly as she stood on the sofa, holding a hand high up in the air like the status of liberty

"Keep on saying that." I said laughing at her poster.

"No grand children ! No wedding! No maids." Sophia yelled on top of her lungs and to stop this silly parade of hers before attracting my mother's attention I walked to her, circled her waist with my hand and lifted then place her on the floor...Yet what I didn't think of was our proximity! we were face to face, emerald eyes meeting blue and a gasp escaping her pink full lips.

"I am sorry but keep it down." I told her then walked out of the room to escape the awkward moments ahead.