(62) What to do

Please follow me: Dreamerse  for more updates and messages.

From my story, Colour me red

From my story, Colour me red. Out now on my profile!

Please read, vote and comment.

Chapter 62-What to do.

It was now the weekend and Kyle was asleep beside me. Even in his sleep the bags beneath his eyes were prominent.

They showed me just how exhausted Kyle was and how he had tossed and turned most of the night. I was awake with him too, he didn't know that though.

I couldn't sleep, he was struggling so much to sleep, his mind preoccupied and too full for him to have any chance to relax. And, it killed me, he wouldn't let me in and when he did it confused me. I couldn't do anything to help him, to stop his mind from wandering to places he wished it never.

Kyle tried to cover up his emotions, he did well sometimes, but others, well, I could see straight through him. They always said the eyes were the window to the soul, but Kyle's eyes weren't a window I wanted to look in; not when he was like this, so down and troubled.

I loved him, so why couldn't I help him? Surely there was a way.

Feeling deflated and knowing I couldn't do anything just yet, I decided to let Kyle sleep. I rolled out of bed and with one more lingering look to my husband, I left and dragged myself in to the kitchen.

He didn't want his mood effecting mine, but how could it not? He was my husband, my other half. Whatever he felt, it hurt me too. We were one, and his emotions rubbed off on me.

Deciding I wanted to make him breakfast in bed, I grabbed food from the fridge and turned on the silver oven. Which stood in the middle of the cabinets and cupboards around it.

The movements to our new house had been halted for now, I was sad and itching to get out of this one, but I was more worried for Kyle. That could wait for now, I could wait a little longer.

I laid some strips of bacon on to the grill and scrambled a few eggs. That's all we really had for breakfast at the moment, but I'm sure Kyle wouldn't mind. Kyle would eat anything you gave him, I loved that he wasn't a fussy eater.

Whilst the food was cooking, I made two steaming cups of coffee.

Coffee was always a good thing in the morning.

I went to check the bacon, to see if it was cooking like it should. The egg was done, and I laid it onto two plates.

I then took the cooked bacon out of the grill and laid it on to the plates.

After I had gotten everything ready, I took the plates upstairs.

Kyle was still asleep, I didn't want to wake him up, because he didn't have much sleep at all last night. In addition, I laid the plate on the table beside his side of the bed.