Chapter 17: Awaken and Decision

"What is this?"

I showed the pictures of her with Nazari at different hotels, my plans that she showed to Nazari, and financials records that showed that the large sums of money used to aid Nazari on large projects. "I don't know. You tell me. After all, you are the one who had been betraying me and the company," I told her and crossed my arms.

She blinked her eyes fast and looked nervous. "I...I don't know what these are," she said me as she tried brush things off. I slammed my hands onto my desk. "You had been conspiring with Nazari for the past two years. The exact same time when I started to become dissatisfied with you," I told her.

"That is ridiculous! I am loyal to you and only you. I wouldn't do this to you Adrian. I love you too much," she tried to convince me. Love me too much? "You know what, maybe I became dissatisfied with you because I felt like you weren't being satisfied with me," I told her.

Her eyes widen a bit.

"What do you mean?" she asked. "What is it that Nazari do to satisfy you? Was there something that he could give to you that I can't? Gifts? Money?" I asked.

She shook her head. "NO! Did you ever think why I became close to him? I was trying to get into his company so that I could find out what he was up to! I thought that I could help you by being in there!" she said to me.

"That has to involve you going into a hotel with him and sleeping with him!" I yelled at her. "I was doing whatever it takes to make your company the best even if I had to sacrifice myself to him," she told me.

"Even if you had to sacrifice your virtue to him." I rephrased what she meant. In the media, people assumed that I slept with many girls who I dated in the past. The fact was...I never slept with anyone. I never gave myself to any girl.

Growing up, I was told to wait until the wedding night. Matthew told me that it was worth waiting. When Matthew and Angela returned home from their honeymoon, I could tell that they had the great time of their life. They spent most of their time indoors. I committed myself to wait with Mariah but, it would never happen.

"You know that I am all about being faithful and loyal! Back then, I meant everything including your body because I thought that one day, I would be able to divorce my wife and marry you!" I told her. We discussed about it many times. To be honest, we never slept together. We only went far as having make out sessions because I told her that I wanted our wedding night to be special.

She got up and wrapped her arms around me. "And I still do want to marry you," she said with tears sliding down her face. I pulled her away from me. "No. I was wrong about you. You couldn't even keep your legs close. You are not an ideal woman. You are a prostitute who wants nothing but money," I said as I gritted my teeth so that I would stop yelling out that someone outside could hear us despite the room being soundproof.

She fell on her knees and wrapped her arms around my waist with desperation. "Please. I beg of you for forgiveness. I want you back. Please," she begged me. I removed her arms around me and took a step back. She looked very pitiful.

"You aren't right for me and the company. If you ever show your face here again, I'll take you to court for the damages that you had caused on the company," I said and walked out of the office. Lorenzo walked up to me.

"Makes sure she leave with nothing in her hands and have the security guards make sure that she never step foot in the company ever again," I instructed him. "Yes sir," Lorenzo said and stood next to my office door.

I better get back to Valeria.

"When will you be returning sir?" I heard Lorenzo ask me. I stopped and looked at him. "Honestly, I don't know. I might not be the CEO of this branch soon," I told him. Lorenzo gave me a nod. I walked up to him and placed a hand his shoulder.