34

Previously on Pure Happiness

"To Nik," Rebekah finished.

"Yeah," Beth nodded. "I don't want anything to happen to him either... which is why I can't help them past this."

~~~

Beth had gone home right after that. She had finally made the choice not to help her friends. She didn't have it in her to do it, but when Rebekah called her that night she was right back where she started.

"Beth, it's Rebekah, I-I need to tell you something." The blonde's voice sounded like she was about to break into tears.

"What's wrong?"

"Nik, he..."

"Rebekah? What is it? What did he do?" She questioned.

"He killed our mother!" Rebekah exclaimed as she let out a sob.

"What? Rebekah, I don't know what to say... I'll be right there," Beth spoke before hanging up and running to her car.

She quickly drove to the Salvatore boarding where she saw the blonde original sitting by the fireplace who was sobbing as she stared at the flames.

"Rebekah," Beth said before she wrapped her arms around the girl.

"He lied to me. He lied to me for a thousand years. My own brother."

"I'm so sorry, Rebekah."

"How could he do this?" The blonde asked as she sobbed.

"Your mother ripped away a part of him. He was hurt. Klaus' worst flaws are his temperament and how impulsive he is. He can't control it... I don't think he has ever been able to," Beth reasoned.

"But he loves you... He was just afraid that you would abandon him like everyone else had if you knew the truth," the strawberry blonde explained to the blue eyed girl.

"And he was right to believe that!" Rebekah exclaimed as she suddenly stood.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Yes! This-This is unforgivable!" She yelled out as she wiped the tears that had fallen from her eyes which were now full of anger.

"I can't control what you do. But please, Rebekah, just don't forget that he is still your brother. The brother that you've spent a thousand years with."

The fire of the anger in her eyes extinguished for a second as she processed the girl's words and her features softened, but she remained silent before she turned her back on the strawberry blonde.

"I'm going to help them, Beth. Your friends. I'm gonna help them take him down."

"Uh... Wow... Rebekah, I..."

"Don't try to convince me otherwise. I've made my decision... and maybe you should rethink yours," She spoke as she finally turned to look at the green-eyed girl once again with the same fire in her eyes as before.

"What? Rebekah, I already told you that I can't help them."

"Beth, you need to understand that my brother will never change. He will always be as self-serving as he is now. You are a good person and I have learned that you see the good in everyone but he doesn't deserve that."