fourteen

"Ron," Harry knocked on Ron's office. Ron on the otherhand had no other facial expression, not even said a word, insisting Harry to come in.

"There's a new case, Nott's been released from azkaban, etc etc. Need to tag him so we can keep track of his actions, asap." Harry says, not even bothering to look at Ron since he was holding a bunch of papers to be given at Ron. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, finally noticing Ron's complete silence.

"Nothing. Anyway, where is Nott now?"

"Professor Mcgonagall took him back at hogwarts, she said it would be the best to let students come back and finish the last school year, and what's surprising is that we're the only one who turned down hogwarts."

"Not just us.. Malfoy and some of his gits aren't back at hogwarts," Ron muttered.

"Hm?"

"Nothing. I'll go look for Nott myself and tag him. By the way, have you tagged Malfoy yet?" Ron asked, standing up and taking files from Harry.

"Of course I did, the night when he was out at gringotts."

"Good. Let me know what's he up to"

"Why?" Harry gave him a puzzled look, certainly he hasn't read the news yet.

"Because he's with Hermione! I just... can't believe it. He's been flirting with her own nemesis" Ron sighed.

"Hermione wouldn't do that, we know her." Said Harry, who tries to talk him out of it.

"Well maybe perhaps she's using it as revenge for me or something?"

"Maybe she's watching his actions?" Harry tries to talk Ron out

"She's not an auror" said Ron, sighing at afterwards.

"Yeah, but she's our best friend, she wouldn't do such a thing. Look, maybe this is all in your head now it would be nice if you go clear it up by tagging Nott before he does something horribly wrong"

"Okay" Ron nods, as he soon exits his office.

~

Ron had drove all the way to hogwarts with his newly bought flying car, considering the fact that he doesn't have to use his father's old one.

As he stopped by the gates of his old school, he took a deep breath, took out the papers needed and went inside the castle.

He also had noticed everyone was back at hogwarts. They were all finishing their last years, and Ron has no plans of coming back. Everyone shot a glare at him, some envy him, some admired him.

But that was not the point, he needed to find Theodore Nott and that's what he is going to do.

Then, a familiar voice had called him not so far. "Ron!" It was Neville, holding a pot of plant in his hands as he walks closer to him.

"I'm glad to see you here! What're you up to?" Neville asks. "I'm here to see Theodore Nott. Heard he's sent free from azkaban to finish his final year."

"Oh right, I saw him going to the quidditch field about a minute ago"

"Great, thanks" Ron nods, pats Neville's shoulder and walked away. Though he thought his encounters with his old classmates were over, then comes Luna, abruptly bumping into her.

"Oh, sorry, Ron Weasley, I didn't see you there, I was distracted by searching for Neville's lost pygmy puff.. Anyway, are you planning on coming back to hogwarts like Hermione?"

"N-no. I'm afraid not" said Ron, his serious face had turn into an expression of anger.

"Is it because of the daily prophet?" She asks. "Yeah, how'd you--"