2.60 | αγάπη

"um," luke began, looking lost for words. i rolled my eyes, tapping my foot impatiently.

"can you hu--"

"give me a chance to talk, persephone," he snapped, and i looked at him in disbelief.

"so now you wanna talk?" i stepped forward, and he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "i've been trying to talk to you for three days, if you haven't noticed. oh wait, you have. because you've been seeing my messages, knowing that i know you saw them, and ignoring me!"

"i'm sorry!" luke exclaimed, reaching for my hands. i pulled them away, taking a step back again.

"what have you been doing?" i asked, my anger only increasing as he failed to provide a valid reason. "luke!"

"nothing, okay!" he shouted, his frustration matching my anger. "i don't have a good excuse!"

"then what are you doing here?" i yelled back, throwing my hands up. "what's the point? you have nothing to say!"

"i just wanted to apologize!" luke replied loudly, "and you're not giving me the chance!"

"i don't see a reason to listen to your apology, luke," i hissed, and he rolled his eyes. "go ahead then."

"what do you want from me!?" he questioned angrily, his voice never lowering in volume. "i'm trying here."

"what do i want?" i repeated mockingly. "i want my boyfriend to talk to me and be honest with me! it doesn't even seem like you can do that."

as he was silent, i continued, "so what do you want, luke? because i thought that you wanted this, and lately it seems like you don't anymore."

"don't say that!" he exclaimed, "i never said that!"

"so then what do you want?!"

"god-- i want you, persephone!" luke practically growled. "i want to be with you so fûcking much that it terrifies me! because i was sitting on the couch with you a few days ago and i realized that i'm so fûcking in love with you. and that's terrifying, because we've only known each other for a few months. and we're soulmates, which is also intimidating because i don't feel like i'm enough for you, and you're so incredible, i don't want to let you down. i love you so much and i don't know what to do about it!" his voice had lowered, but it rose again. "so don't say i don't want this--don't want you--because i want this more than i've ever wanted anything else!"

i was quiet, taking in everything he just said, before i shouted, "then what are you going to do about it?"

"i don't fuckīng know!" luke screamed.

"then kiss me, you fûcking aśshole!" i yelled.

he stopped, before his eyes set in determination, and he marched across the room and kissed me with force. i kissed him back passionately, gripping onto his hair and taking in his wonderful moans. his hands gripped my back, and i jumped to wrap my legs around his waist. our lips moved hurriedly, and i groaned as luke walked forward to press me against the wall. he pulled away to take a breath, before ducking his head to trail his mouth along my neck.

"fûcking héll," i breathed, my back arching as i felt his teeth graze my skin.

he chuckled, lifting his head to look at me. i stared back, before connecting our lips again. the moment grew, and i reached down to pull at my shirt, until luke pushed my hands away and removed it himself. my hands moved to his, and he let me pull it over his head.

we suddenly stopped, staring at each other, panting heavily. luke's gaze flickered to my bare torso, before asking, "are you sure you wanna do this?"

"i'm sure," i responded, suddenly nervous. "are you?"

"never been more sure of anything in my life."

at his words, he backed away from the wall, my legs still around his waist, and walked to my room. leaving him to see where he was going, my lips moved to his neck, leaving marks along his collarbone.

luke moved faster, and closed the door behind him. i giggled as he dropped me on the bed, staring at him with more love than i had ever experienced in my life.

-

i woke first, glancing up at luke from where my head lay on his chest. grinning, i kissed his chin, before continuing to trace patterns on his chest with my finger. it didn't take long for him to stir, and i felt him kiss the top of my head.

"so," luke spoke, his voice raspy with sleep and exhaustion.

"so," i echoed, cringing at my voice crack.

"i love you," he stated, and my heart fluttered. "if you couldn't tell."

"really?" i asked with sarcasm. "you said that?"

"i mean, i only screamed it at you and then continued to say it about fifty times last night," he replied, and i could tell he was smirking.

"i love you, too," i said, tilting my head back to watch as his smirk turned into a wide grin. "if you couldn't tell."

"say it again."

i laughed, leaning up to press a short kiss to his lips. "i love you."

"i think you could literally only say those three words to me for the rest of our lives, and i'd be the happiest man in the world," he admitted, and i smiled brightly. "i love you so much, persephone."

"i'm sure you'd probably get tired of me saying the same thing to you over and over," i told him, pushing his hair back with my hand. "might get a little repetitive."

luke lifted his hand, grabbing mine to press his lips against my wrist. he then intertwined our fingers, kissing my hand once more. "never."