VIII

Inertia Louis

Okay, if someone asked me what happened, I'd be like nothing, I'm fine. But in reality, I was feeling like shit. Zach Miller.... Wait wasn't his name Xander? Whatever. He is joining my company as the marketing head?! Not freaking happening.

"So yes these are the heads and they will have the authority to choose their own employees." Blake said.

"Oh yes but they aren't finalized yet. I mean we may change them if they're not good enough." I quickly said and Zach smirked.

"What? I thought they were final. They have already signed the contracts." Blake added.

"We'll talk about this later Blake." I whispered to him.

"I think it's time to disperse the meeting, thank you all so much for being here ND helping us." I finished with a smile.

Slowly everyone dispersed. The entire time I was glaring at Zach/Xander. How dare he do this?! I'm sure he knew this was my company. I was glaring at him but he did not even budge! He kept that annoying smirk on making me want to kill him right here, right now.

"What was that back in the meeting?!" Blake asked surprised.

"I'm sorry but I can't have Zach work with us!" I said.

"Are you kidding me? We have sighed contracts with all of them, we can't back out now!" Blake reasoned.

"Is there a problem?" Cassie asked.

"Why don't all three of you wait outside while we sort this out?" Blake said.

"Yes, we'll do that." Aakash said and all three of them walked out.

"I'm not working with Zach." I decided.

"You were supposed to choose the marketing head an I did it for you, I told you to approve and you didn't have time, now that I have already signed contracts with you are saying this!? This is your perfection?!"

I was stunned. I haven't been with Blake for long but I have never seen him so angry. What caught me by surprise was his words. It is the fact that he is right. Every word he is speaking is true. In the middle of this new thing, thinking about my sister, partying and Zach/Xander, I'm loosing my perfection. I'm neglecting work.

"Fine, let's get started." I sighed.

************************************

"So, all three of you get the opportunity to choose your own teams and you all can start recruiting after we come back from the New York site visit." Blake said an everyone nodded.

Blake and I were filling in the new recruits on the basics of the job and what all challenges they would have to look forward too. The two of them were paying attention but Zach/Xander was staring at me. From how it looked, you could easily say he was checking me out.

He looked completely distracted from everything Blake was saying and his eyes roamed over my body making me uncomfortable. He doesn't get to do this. He can't control me like this. I'm not going to be powerless.

"Zach could you please repeat what Blake just said." I asked Zach interrupting Blake's speech.

His daze seemed to have broken and he was looking at Blake trying to recall what he heard him speak. Just like I thought he wasn't​ paying attention and therefore had no answer to give.

"Zach Miller, keep getting distracted like this and you will be fired before you can say the word resignation." I warned.

"Sorry Ma'am." He said. This satisfied me. The other to employees looked at me clearly terrified.

"Excuse me please, I'll be right back."

I went to the washroom and did the business. After washing my hands I unlocked the door to leave. As soon as I did that, the door was pushed forward send me crashing into the wall. Before I could interpret what was happening, I was caged between Zach/Xander and the wall.

"What is this?!" I said angrily.

"Nothing love, just that you look beautiful today." He did tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear but I swatted his hand away.

"Call me that once more and I'll show you what I can do." I promised.

"My love." He smirked.

Now, now, he has called this upon himself. I right hooked him and at the same time punched him in the stomach. He winced in pain grabbing his stomach and I took advantage of it and pushed him to the wall so that I trapped him now.

"Fesity, I like it." He smirked again. Two can play the game.

"Oh I can be a lot more than that Xander." I whispered in his ears in such a way that my lips almost touched his ears. Xander shivered.

"Do I have an effect on you Xander?" My lips neared his.

"S---stop calling m--me that." He stuttered.

"Why? Does it make you feel weak?" I bit my lip.

"What are you doing to me?" He asked in a voice less than a mummer. Our lips were now only inches apart.

"Nothing, just showing you how vunrable you are." I smirked and left without another word.

This was what I called victory. I can imagine the shocked expression he must be wearing right now. Xander, Xander, you messed with the wrong person... I walked out to get some fresh air. I so need to focus now.

Some how this guy Zach/Xander is bad and good in his own way. I mean one moment he's being all strong and teasing and the other he's getting weak and wimpering at my touch. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he sure is getting to me.

I sit down on a bench, letting my thoughts flow. This guy is something. Yes he leave an impact on me too. Not many people have an effect on me. This means that he's perfect for a marketing job. I mean come on, if that guy can leave an impact on me, I'm pretty sure he can handle the dealers.