Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

f i v e | Definitely Something

"I don't get football," I groaned, leaning my head on Matt's shoulder.

"Zip it, would you?" Ella bounced in her place next to me where we sat in the bleachers. "I still can't believe we're honestly finally doing this. Like, you're actually at a football game with us for a change. And to think we were actually going to miss this for burgers and cheesy movies. Seriously, how is this even happening?"

"We've been over this, Ella," Matt chimed in. "Riley's madly in love with Noah."

"I am not in lo—really, would you guys stop being so loud?" I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked around us in the bleachers, hoping to God nobody was hearing in on this ridiculous conversation.

"Chill, we're at a football game." He shrugged, completely unconcerned. "Nobody's going to hear you until the game actually begins and people start focusing."

"When is that, by the way?" I glanced at my wristwatch. "We've been here for over fifteen minutes and neither of the teams are out yet."

"They'll be here soon," answered Ella. "It's supposed to start at seven anyway, so what's the rush?"

"No rush," I muttered, even though maybe I kind of was in a rush. "Who're we playing anyway?"

"These guys from Bryton," she told me, referring to the rival team we'd often have games against.

"Are they any good?" I asked.

Matt snorted. "Depends on who you ask, really. While they are pretty good, we're much better."

I shook my head and smiled. That had to be the Redwood pride taking over, but it did pique my interest a bit.

It wasn't five minutes later when I starting whining again. "I'm hungry."

Ella shushed me, but Matt piped up with a, "Yeah, me too."

She sighed before proposing, "Then how about you two get us hot dogs and I'll wait here?"

I had no problem with that, so I stood up and nodded.

"I'm on drinks," I announced to Matt as soon as we were out of the bleachers and he jerked his chin up in reply, "I'll get the food."

We split towards the different stands and I headed towards the short line to order three cokes. It wasn't long before I was done and moving away from the line, when immediately someone from the left bumped into me hard.

I was suddenly thankful the cokes were bottled.

"Hey, watch where you're going," I heard a voice say harshly and I narrowed my eyes.

"Excuse you," I turned around to face the guy. "You're the one that bumped into me, aren't you?"

What then came into view were annoyed dark eyes and an irritated handsome face. "Oh really? Is that you're going to say?"

Asshole.

I rolled my eyes as I told myself to let it go, walking away and making my way up the bleachers and towards where Ella sat with her eyes excitedly glued to the field, where the cheerleaders were now beginning their routine.

I settled next to her and handed her a coke. "So it's starting, right?"

"Yep," she grinned. "Right after the routine's done. Seriously, Riley, you'll love it."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬