Dios

This is basically a rewrite of chapter 2 cuz the original chapter two somehow managed to get deleted or at least that's what I think happened. So yeah for those who read the original, this may be slightly different cuz I cant remember word to word of what I wrote. But yeah that's it. And also if anyone can find the original chapter two or if its still visible to them (somehow) just comment n let me know. Thanks and Enjoy :)

________________________________________

Simon's screams echoed throughout the vast, emtpy space but to him, the sound of his voice screaming in agony and the convulsions of his body, seemed distant in comparison to the searing pain raging up his body from where his feet touched the holy ground. His body felt like lead as what seemed like dozens of tiny daggers pierced every nerve in his body and his knees soon gave way. Simon gritted his teeth, hissing through the gaps as the level of pain was yanked up even higher when his entire body touched the ground. He felt wounds opening up across his body where his skin was exposed when his shirt had torn in multiple places due to the fall and the convulsions. Amidst his screams, one last thought occured to him.

This is it. I'm going to die.

Then suddenly it was over and a cool wind replaced the burning hot ground that had been in contact with his skin. He felt hands gripping his shoulders as he was hauled to his feet and away from the cursed ground.

And then the pain went away and his mind went blank.

________________________________________

Simon woke up moments later, confused about why his entire body felt like it had gone through a toaster. Then it all came back to him at once and he opened his eyes. He was met with the blurry image of Raphael kneeling before him and the sight of his Sire there right in front of him almost made the pain go away for a moment. Then it came back and he groaned.

"R-Raphael"

"Hush mi cariño.....do not speak just yet" Raphael's voice held a tone of gentleness that shocked Simon back into reality. His voice was completely devoid of anger, spite or even its usual sarcastic tone. His tone was one that Simon had never imagined could come from Raphael.

"I'm sorry I broke your cabinet" Simon choked out, and his lungs felt like they were on fire with every word. Raphael made a strange noise, half sighing and half laughing.

"Here you are on the verge of death, and you're talking about my cabinet?"

"It was an accident. I really didn't mean to" Simon continued, determined to finish his apology.

Raphael sighed, and stroked the hem of Simon's shirt absentmindedly, "I know you didn't" and then added, "Idiota" for good measure.

They sat in silence for awhile as Raphael checked Simon's feet, which had suffered the worst after the whole ordeal.

"Dios Lewis...." Raphael sighed as he ran his finger over one of the wide gashes, "What were you thinking? You could've died"

Simon winced and flinched away from the pain, "Somehow I don't think that would've been much of a loss"

"Cállate" Raphael hissed roughly and Simon shut up at Raphael's tone of voice even though he didn't know what Cállate meant.

"You have a friends who love you and a mother and sister. You have a family. How could you say you would not be missed?"

Something inside Simon snapped at the question and all his pent up frustration came out all at once.

"Well for one, my mum thinks I'm the spawn of Satan and wants me dead. I haven't seen or heard from my sister for months, I don't even know where she is. And by friends, if you mean Clairy, I'm her last priority. She's got her own life now, not to mention a super hot blonde boyfriend who looks like he's been chiselled by the hands of god. So yeah, forgive me for not feeling like I'm the highlight of everyone's day!"

Raphael looked taken aback and shrunk back from the seething younger vampire (both figuratively and literally seething).

"I.....I'm sorry. It's just.....I'm.....I'm tired" Simon finished lamely, embarrassed by his sudden outburst.

"Yes.....I can see that" Raphael replied cautiously, choosing his words slowly as if he might set off a bomb with the wrong move, "You are tired...Let's go home"

Home to Simon was his messy bedroom in his little two story house with his mum and sister who adored him, not a high rise hotel building full of blood sucking vampires who hated him. But as he let Raphael gently haul him to his feet, it dawned on him. He didn't have a choice anymore. He didn't get to choose what Home was.

And as they walked through the wood, away from the holy ground, Simon turned and looked at his Sire. Raphael was staring straight ahead as he guided Simon out of the wood and back through the roads leading to Hotel Dumort.

Simon could feel Raphael's strong arms around him, holding him up, steadying him firmly but with a gentleness that astounded the younger vampire. And he realized.

Raphael had come back for him. Raphael had saved him. Raphael had left Hotel Dumort for him even after all he'd done.

Simon felt his lips stretch into a smile as he looked up at the Hotel, looming over him ominously.

Whatever went on in his life didn't matter right now and whatever happened in the future, right now Simon knew Raphael Santiago was on his side.

And right now, for whatever it was worth, that alone was enough for Simon to call Hotel Dumort his home.