[14] hell & haneul

a / n : haneul means sky, heaven.

DOWNPOUR | IOI
"after i met you, i haven't lost
the happy memories to the rain"

jungkook focus
he drives past several cars, vans and trucks on the highway before turning onto a winding road lined with evergreen trees. lush green flits by outside the window as jungkook drives down the empty road leisurely (the road lead to the muddy countryside so not many people drove down this particular road). windows are rolled down to let warmish air flow in and caress both jungkook and taehyung's skin, the weather lightening up now.

speaking of the latter, taehyung stirs in his sleep, mumbling incoherently before snuggling back against the leather seats. jungkook watches him do this through the rear view mirror, eyes watching his every move.

affirming that taehyung wasn't going to wake up, jungkook looks away and out of the driver's window, brown irises flitting over the emerald trees outside his windows, shaking slightly due to the slight wind.

thinking it was a serene sight and needing to urgently stretch his stiff legs, jungkook pulls onto the side of the road, parking his car with ease and pulling the key out of the ignition. he pushes open the car door and yawns loudly, standing up out of the car stretching his sore limbs.

he closes the car door with a backward glance to taehyung, assuring that the annoying older wouldn't wake up and disrupt the peacefulness with his demanding questions and whiny wails.

jungkook walks round the car to the bonnet, sitting against the navy metal casually with his palms on either side of him to prop him up.

inhaling the fresh air, jungkook tips his head back slightly to fully admire the view; majestic trees were lined up on either side of him, acting as a sort of grand pathway for him and him only.

haneul would've loved this, jungkook thinks subconsciously, riding down here on her motorcycle with-

. . . what the fuck, jungkook? he stops himself quickly, why're you thinking about her for? he asks himself, sitting upright and rubbing his temples as if he was currently experiencing a headache.

he removes his hand from his face and sighs deeply, hand snaking round to his back pocket to pull out his worn wallet.
he runs calloused fingertips over his old wallet, opening the half broken clasp to reveal several credit cards sitting in their allocated space, money notes peeking out from behind a half opened zip. instead of tucking the notes away by pulling at the zip, jungkook stares at the tiny photograph placed behind a plastic cover, distaste swirling inside his stomach as he continued to stare.

a girl with a blunt bob cut stares back at him, her dark fringe almost concealing her almond shaped eyes --almost concealing the scowl in her eyes. her lips were fixed into a prominent pout and jungkook sighs at her facial expression; she had hated taking photos and when jungkook had proposed the idea of taking a snap, she had sulked like a tiny kid, complaining that she looked too ugly. jungkook had thought otherwise at that time.

"girlfriend?"
jungkook's head shoots up at the sudden sound of someone's husky voice besides him. it was taehyung.

"that was a short sleep." jungkook comments. "and ex-girlfriend." jungkook corrects, hastily tucking the grainy photograph back into the clear folder of his wallet.

"why is she in your wallet then?" taehyung asks curiously, not thinking if it was something he was allowed to ask about or not.

listening to taehyung's words, jungkook abruptly pauses his actions, staring at the photograph sitting behind the plastic cover of his wallet.