Chapter IV

‘Morning Love. I heard what happened, never thought you’d actually punch someone.’ Black said when I arrived at Platform 9 ¾ while wrapping an arm around my waist once again.

‘Leave me alone or I’ll hex you.’ I told him.

‘Aw, come on don’t be like that.’ He laughed.

‘Oh, look Black there’s your brother. Why don’t you go talk to him.’

‘But I want to talk to you, I’ve been locked up with my deranged Slytherin family for the whole summer.’ He whined.

‘Oh look Potter. Have fun!’ I said before running away as I’d spotted Lily. I hugged her tightly and she immediately understood me.

‘Black’s been bothering you again, eh?’ She asked and I nodded. ‘I know how you feel, I’ve been hiding from Potter.’ I laughed.

‘Come on let’s get onto the train.’ I said. We found an empty compartment and sat down, after a while Alice and Molly joined us. I smirked at Alice.

‘You know Al, there are some rumors going on.’ Alice blushed a deep scarlet and Lily and Molly giggled.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ She said.

‘DON’T LIE!’ Lily laughed at the same time as I shouted. ‘YOU SO DO!’

I laughed at her face and continued. ‘I heard you went on a date with…’

‘The one and only.’ Lily added.

 ‘FRANK LONGBOTTOM!’ I said jumping op. She blushed even a darker red, it now resembled Lily’s hair. Molly laughed.

‘You have nothing to laugh about Prewett.’ I told her. She immediately stopped laughing.

‘Noo…’ She whispered. ‘How do you…’

‘How do I know? Well Molls, I know EVERYTHING, about EVERYONE.’ I laughed. ‘Example given, you’re dating Arthur Weasley.’ Alice gasped, guess she didn’t know that yet, and Lily smiled.

‘How do you even…’ She started again.

‘How I know? You may not have noticed but I… I am awesome.’ They all rolled their eyes.

‘You know, for someone who doesn’t like Black, you have an awful lot in common.’ Alice joked and I glared at her.

‘What are you talking about.’

‘You have such a big head.’ She said with a smile and I, as all good friends do, attacked her. I tickled her until she was on the ground nearly choking on laughter and I sat on top of her.

‘You better apologize now.’ I told her.

‘Why?’ she said in between gasps for air, ‘Hiding a’ gasp ‘crush.’

Right that moment the Marauders decided to walk into our compartment. ‘Who’s hiding a crush?’ Potter asked grinning at Lily. It was obvious that he was hoping it was her crushing on him.

‘Oh Faith is hi…’ Lily started but I stopped her by jumping on top of her and covering her mouth with my hand while I loudly yelled, ‘NO ONE! They were just kidding.’ I glared at the girls, when that didn’t seem to help, I used my puppy-dog eyes. My dad calls it Bambi-eyes, because I can make people agree with me by using puppy-dog eyes. The only difference was that my eyes were bright blue and not brown, but that didn’t seem to matter. They silently agreed to say nothing and I sighed in relief while I removed my hand from Lily’s mouth.

‘What are you guys doing in our compartment?’ I asked with a sigh.

‘Everywhere else is full.’

‘HA! I doubt it.’ After arguing for a while a prefect walked in and told us to, ‘Shut up! Or you’ll all have detention everyday of the first week!’ We decided that shutting up might be the best idea.

I sat down on the floor with my back against the wall and my knees against my chest. Everyone else sat down as well and there was an awkward silence. Black sat down next to me and I glared at him angrily, but decided not to say anything. Before I knew it, I was drifting off to sleep.

----------------------             

‘Come on Faith.’ Lily’s soft voice told me. I groaned and ignored her. ‘Get up.’

‘Shut up Lily. Go back to the prefect compartment.’ I knew she was rolling her eyes at me even though I couldn’t see her. Just when I thought she really was going to leave me alone and shut up, my pillow started to move. ‘Knock it off Lils!’ I complained, then it hit me. Where did I get a pillow from, we were on the Hogwarts-express,  I wasn’t sleeping in my dorm. I opened my eyes and saw Lily on the other side of the compartment, leaning against the door, her eyebrows raised and a smirk on her face. If she wasn’t the one “moving the “pillow”” then who was…  I turned around to see I was leaning against a sleeping Black. ‘Oh Merlin.’ I murmured.  I blushed a deep scarlet and jumped up. Because of this sudden movement, Black fell over. Headfirst onto the floor. He groaned and rubbed his face. I looked around the rest of the compartment and saw everyone staring at us. Oh, great. Note Sarcasm. I tried to get my blush under control and turned to  the girls. ‘Shall we go change then?’ I asked them calmly. They nodded and followed me outside giggling softly. Once outside Lilly put an arm around my shoulder.

 ‘How can you LEAVE me?!’ She yelled dramatically in my ear.

‘Lils, What the hell are you talking about.’ I asked her raising an eyebrow and rubbing my ear.

‘You’re falling for that Black! How can you?! I thought you were my friend!’ She started fake crying and I rolled my eyes, laughing at her.

‘You’re such a drama queen Lil. You know I won’t EVER fall for Black! I thought you were the smartest of us!’ But deep down inside I knew that I might not have told her the truth, but I didn’t like him! Of course not… or did I…?