Chapter 24

I feel blessed y'all. BLESSED. 

We have reached 10k and I woke up earlier than 10 on Sunday to start writing another chapter. Earlier than 10- that's how stoked I was. 

My writing is shit- but you all seem to like it, so thank you for that. 

And for continuing to read it. 

Love ya'll. 

Btw, I started writing another story about shifters and shit. Look out for that- I've already written thirty pages on gdocs. 

Does anyone even read my A/N? 

Eh. 

_____

"Lacey? Who's Lacey?" 

Ripper's eyes went to Seamus, who now sat rigidly on the sofa, blue eyes blazing with an unconditional fury. 

"Seamus' mother." He breathed out, stony face still in place. There was something more, I could sense it. 

"And... an old fuck of mine" (A/N shoutout to those that guessed it, you da maine.) 

I froze, jaw clenching immediately. Seamus' mother was coming back; someone who had a shrivelled, cold heart and didn't love her boy. 

But the way Ripper said 'an old fuck', I knew it just wasn't that. There was more to his voice than that. Old fucks didn't intimidate me- I was fucking amazing and knew it, but this Lacey- a basic sounding bitch- seemed to have something else on my Ripper. 

"What else? What else is she or what else did she do?" My voice was clipped and I walked to Seamus, drawing my prospect into my arms as he fought the rage that overtook him. Ripper's amber gaze stayed on me, no doubt wondering how I would react. 

"She shot and nearly killed me." 

My heart stopped, tendrils of animalistic fury unfurling in my stomach. This Lacey was top on my hit fucking list. Seamus laid his head on my shoulder, glaring at any member who looked his way. 

"She's not my family Cor." His tear filled gaze- so different from the apathetic facade he usually had on- pulled my attention from Ripper. "And that bitch deserves everything that's coming to her." 

My boy. He always knew when I was at my angriest. but this anger wouldn't be centered on Lacey- no, some of it would go to Hammer to. 

What was going on in that head of his to bring that whore back to town? 

I flexed my fingers then stroked Seamus' hair. Deadeye's one good eye came to me, a knowing look passing over his weathered face. 

"I'm going to the pub. I need a drink" 

Seamus and I stood, followed by Ripper and Deadeye, both of which came to the pub too. Slater raised his brows and checked the time, a smirk on his face. 

"Bit early to start drinking isn't it?" 

We sat at the bar. "Not when your brother is bringing Lacey back to town." 

Slater paused drying a cup, face turning hard like so many other people when they heard Lacey was coming back to town. 

"Do you know why?" I asked, taking a sip of the gin and tonic he had poured me. 

Slater mulled it over, serving drinks for the rest of them. "Probably just wants to ruin your Ripper's life honeybee. Hammer has never been as...smart as the rest of us" 

I shook my head, downing the rest of the glass in one go. "He's not ruining Ripper's life. As soon as she steps near any of us, she's ruining her own."