Prologue

Samantha Gilbert stared at the small stick in her hand, her knees tucked under her chin. She new what this stick meant and it scared her. The small plus sign seemed to smile smugly up at her as tears slipped down her face. How could she tell her parents? Grayson? Zach? Oh god... Zach... How would he react? He was 5 years older and she knew he wouldn't settle down for her.

"Hey, Sis, mom and dad- shit, Sammy?" Grayson cut himself off as he barged into his baby sister's room. His first reaction was panicked as he saw his baby sister crying but then he quickly sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"What's wrong?" Grayson asks and Sam just handed the test over. The older Gilbert looked at the small stick and he automatically noticed the serval other ones next to Sam that read the same.

"Sam..." Grayson sighs, which only caused the young girl to burst out crying and bury her face into her knees. The male Gilbert pulled his sister into a tighter hug and let her cry it out

"It's okay, Sammy. Everything is going to be okay." He states, but he was unsure on what to do.

***

1 month later

A loud smashing noise is what alerted Grayson as him and his wife strolled up to the Gilbert residence. And under alarm, both forced themselves into the house just as a bin bag fill of clothes was thrown at the door. The couple ducked in surprise and watched as the black object split against the stone, clothes flooding out of it.

"I never want to see your whorish face again." A deep voice sneers and Grayson turns to see his father pinning Sam against the wall.

"Dad!" Grayson yells and quickly rips the older man of the girl. That's when Grayson noticed the bruise blooming on Sam's jaw and the trail of blood from the deep gash.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Grayson shouts to his father as Miranda quickly sees to the small girl.
"She's your daughter!"

"She is no daughter of ours!" Grayson's mother snaps as she storms into the room, anger clear on her. "Sleeping around! We did not raise our daughter to be a slut!"

"Momma I didn't-" Sam sobs but she is cut off by the horrendous glare the women sends, causing the 16 year old to hide herself in Miranda's arms.

"We want her out of our house!" Their father cries.

"If Sam goes, I go!" Grayson hisses back. He would never abandon his sister. She meant the world to him.

"Fine!" Their mother agrees.

It didn't take long to pack all of sam's stuff and shove it in the car. Miranda, being the mothering person she was, held Sam until she fell asleep in the back.

"What do we do, Gray?" Miranda asks, looking worriedly at her husband.

"We take her to Zach and if he does nothing, she's staying with us." Grayson replies. None of them knew that was the last time they would see their parens and none of them cared.

***

6 months later

Zach Salvatore smiled at the girl before him as she reached into her tiptoes to try and reach the chocolate spread on the top shelf. Of course, her fingers fell short by an inch or so, causing the girl to huff.

"Come here." Zach states as he strolls over to Sam, wrapping one arm around her swollen stomach, the other grabbing the jar. The moment her saw Sam crying in his doorstep with bags of clothes next to her, Grayson and Miranda behind, he had thought the worst. But after finding out the reason behind her banishment from home, his care for the girl grew. She was carrying his child, his little boy or girl. And he couldn't turn her away. He loved her.

"My knight in shining armour." Sam teases, taking the jar from Zach as she turns round, allowing him complete view of the 7 month bump.

"Only because you are my princess." Zach coos, causing Sam to laugh, as he places a kiss on top of her head.

"You are so cheesy." Sam says and Zach shrugs.

"Only for you."

****

11 years later

"I can't do this anymore Zach!" Samantha Gilbert yells, her eyes rimmed red. "The lies! The secrets! It's too much!"

"Sammy please! You have to know it's all for a good reason." Zach tries to persuade but the women wasn't having it.

"I can't have you sneaking off and leaving for days on end! I need you!" Sam screams, tears slipping down her face as she tried to force the thought of her brother out of her head. But it was no use. Grayson and Miranda Gilbert died no only a week ago and Zach found it as a time to skip town for a few days. He always seemed to skip town.

"You just don't understand!" Zach yells at Sam, anger and sadness building in him.

"Apparently I never will!" Sam replies as her hand grasps the glass off the table and she throws it across the room, watching as it smashed against the wall. Zach goes to add something but the argument is stopped by another voice.

"Mom? Dad?" Their attention turns to the 11 year old boy who stands at the entrance to the parlour. His hair was a mess and he wore his pyjamas, showing that he had not long got up.

"Henry, baby." Sam coos and she quickly walks over to him. "I'm sorry we woke you."

"It's fine mom." Henry replies as hugs his mom. "Is everything okay?

"Everything is fine, bud." Zach states. "Just go back to bed." The kid was hesitant to go but soon obliged. Once he was out of hearing range, Sam turned back to her now ex.

"Me and Henry will be packed and gone by tomorrow afternoon. And don't you dare try and stop us." Sam hisses before storming away and Zach knew it was hapless to even try to change her mind.