4. Haunted l

"Em. Em! EMILY!" I sat up and banged someone's forehead against mine.

"OW! Who the fuck-"

"Watch your language!" I then recognized the voice to be Elena.

I looked up while rubbing my forehead, "Oh please, you've said way worse."

She crossed her arms and said, "Not true!"

"Yes it is." I said getting out of my bed. "Plus I wouldn't have to swear if you didn't wake me up at this ungodly hour!"

"Em, it's 11 o'clock."

"My point exactly." Elena rolled her eyes at me, "Keep rolling your eyes at me. Maybe you'll find a brain back there."

She hit me with one of my pillows. I opened up my mouth to say abuse, but she spoke before I could, "Don't you dare call that abuse!" I raised my hands up in defense. "Anyways Stefan found Vicki. She turned."

"I know."

"What? How did you find out?"

"Damon told me."

"Of course he did. You should really stay away from him."

"Excuse me, should I get a notebook to take notes on how I should be living my life?"

"You should. Your life would be hell of a lot better." I scoffed. "Really, you should stay away from Damon."

"Tell me not to do something, and I'll do it twice and take pictures."

"Ok, I'm not getting into this with you. Just get ready. We're going to see Vicki."

"Oh I'll hurry. You know my motto!"

"Well it changes week to week. What's today?"

"Yesterday's eyeliner can be today's smokey eye if you believe in yourself!" I said about to walk into the bathroom to get ready.

"Sounds like you." Elena said walking out of room.

I then walked into the bathroom to see Jeremy brushing his teeth. "Sorry." I said about to walk out.

"Oh no it's cool. I'm done" he said.

"You're up early."

"Early? It's 11 Em. I should be asking what are you doing up so early?"

"Oh you know me so well."

"It's because when I once tried to wake me up, you slapped me. And you were still asleep. I don't even know how you did it!"

"Magic. Anyways my body has been trained to sense if anybody is trying wake me up."

"Is that so?"

"Mm hm. Where you going anyway?"

"Police station. They're organizing the search party for Vicki, so..."

"Wait. Shouldn't you be going to school?"

"What? You're kidding me right?"

"You're right. I'm sounding like Elena. This is bad!"

"I was about to say! You're usually encouraging me to skip school with you!"

"Well I didn't want to be bored. I seemed to pick all the upright friends who don't want to miss school to get a future or something like that. Let's not tell Elena about that though. Despite her being so strict, bitch gets scary when she's angry."

"Preach!"

"Anyways, if they find her, we'll know. That's what cellphones are for. Well that and stalking people easier."