01 | Ari

song : you know that i'm no good // amy winehouse •

I pulled by in front of the school and quickly tugged the key out of ignition, pushing it in the pocket of my leather jacket.

Swinging my leg in Doc.Martens over the black leather seat I got off Janis, my 1988 Yamaha, swiftly removing the helmet and shaking my messy hair out of my face.

The parking lot was almost empty which probably had something to do with the fact that first period was starting in 10 minutes.

Locking the helmet in the leather trunk on the side I opened my phone to see I had a bunch of Facebook messages inviting me to the parties but I didn't pay much attention to them. If I want to go to a party I'll just crash it.

'Well well, my favourite chick in the area,' he mused behind my back and I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

Well well, he's back. Was about damn time.

I swung my old backpack over my right shoulder, slowly turning to face him with a smirk.

'Hello love. Missed me?'

He stepped closer and pulled me in a side hug that I quickly got out of, punching him in the shoulder. His blue eyes sparkled when he gave me a mock glare which I pointedly ignored, leaning back on Janis and crossing my arms over my chest, feigning disinterest.

'No, not really.' Both of us grinned at my obvious lie and I finally gave in. 'Yeah sure, I missed your persistent eyes on my ass, pervert. So, how was Texas?'

His mischievous smile told me it's been a fine two weeks out there. Knowing him, he probably left a couple of broken hearts and faces.

'I won't lie to you Matthews, it was hot. Guess what, I even got you a gift.'

I put my hand over my heart, sucking in breath like I've seen my sister Belle do. 'Oh Cade, baby, you really shouldna have!'

'Everything for my favourite ass in the town.'

'Is that what you tell all other girls?' I asked him unable to hide my smile and he furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me like I'm crazy.

'What other girls? Shug, you're my one and only.'

I faked a solemn nod, tapping a finger on my chin while thinking. 'Strange, I could swear Savannah told me you said something like that the night you left her.'

His lips broke into a sheepish grin. 'I don't remember that, but wait 'til you see this.'

He fished an object from the pocket of his old Levi's and proudly presented it on his palm. When I saw what it was I couldn't stop the laugh from escaping me.

Cade Whitehall everyone. Have I already mentioned already how much I've missed him?

'You like it?' he asked, his calm face watching me, head cocked on the side.

Another laugh escaped my lips and this time he joined in, the remaining people on the parking lot turning to stare at us, breaking into whispers.

I looked down at the little metallic object in my hand. 'I sure as hell do. Thanks, Cade,' I slid the gift on my motorcycle key which was already packed with memorabilias.

There's an Alabama shaped keychain which I got last summer when Cade and me were driving down Route 66.

My favourite is however the small red one which looks like a poker chip. It was my dad's who brought it from a business trip to Vegas.