Chapter 4- Don't Even Know

I had went to bed too late- or early, depending on perspective- again. Bright light and my alarm both pounded my already hypersensitive senses, making me curse so much a Sailor would be proud. Mornings were never my thing and neither was the night. Existing was cool though. 

A text message sounded on my phone- something that shocked me more than me actually getting up on time. 

Get to Maccas, let's have breakfast together. 

I want you to meet my brother!

-Belinda

I thanked God for my one friend, thanking him even more for the fact she wanted me to meet her at Maccas. I had a quick shower, threw on a black Adidas tracksuit, some converse and the rest of my things, running through the house to get to my car and on the way to a McMuffin- or four. My makeup free, tired face would have to be the best of my world today. 

I pulled up to my personal paradise and grinned at the redhead with curls bouncier than my boobs and quickly shuffled over, collapsing into the seat across from her. 

"Morning Slut" 

She nodded, "Morning idiot." 

We both grinned at each other and I yawned loudly, feeling the bags below my eyes with my fingertips. 

"You look like shit" 

Ah. Lovely. 

"thank you, it's a new style called 'I'm not an insomniac, but try my best to be.'" 

She laughed hard, orange juice spurting out of her nose. I grimaced and swallowed my retch, glancing away before bile rose. 

"Nice one Belly, real attractive" A voice as smooth as honey said, amusement lilting his words. I looked to the voice and stopped completely, all my blood rushing to....other areas of my anatomy.  

"Holy shit your brother is hot" I blurted, well aware we were both staring at each other with similar expressions. Hot was an understatement- classically beautiful, an Apollo on earth, the sun embodied were terms better used. 

Tall- unbelievably tall- with thick golden hair, a defined, roman face and a body that exuded heat under all those hard muscles, I inwardly drooled. He looked to be around twenty, but in the prime of life. 

"Gross Circe. We've only been friends for one day and you're already hitting on my brother" 

I raised a brow, tearing my eyes away from Sunny boy and gave her a wicked grin. "Cher, trust me. You'll know when I'm hitting on him" 

Which might be very soon.

She scowled gravely at me, but her lips were twitching. A big hand came into my line of vision, calloused and strong. 

"Hi. I'm Vincent" 

I vaguely heard Belinda's sigh and muttered curses as I shook Vincent's hand, nearly absorbed by the intensity of his gaze. Boy, he could stare better than me. 

"I'm Circe, but you can call me anytime" 

A smile pulled at his slender mouth, bright teeth on show as he chuckled. "I'll keep you to that. Definitely." 

Well. He was definitely different from all the boys at my high school- unafraid to show his interest and comfortable in his own skin. 

The only other person like that was Barnabas Dumas. And he was more of a pain in the ass than anything. 

He sat back in his seat, sliding food over to his sister and settling his eyes on me, raking it up and down my figure. A spark lit in his gaze and I was shocked- he found tracksuits tempting? Or was I just that hot?