9 Months Later- 18

I slammed the door to my room after stomping all the way up the stairs. I knew I was acting childish but I didn’t care at this point. Three years ago I would have been jumping with joy over Vince wanting to marry me, but now it just made me want to hurl. I changed out of the outfit he’d picked out for me earlier that morning and made my way to Lena’s room. I opened the door and seen Linda sitting on the floor playing with her.

“Hey baby.” I said and crouched down beside her.

“Mommy ! Look !” She said and stood up showing me the pink princess dress she was in.

“It’s so pretty.”

She beamed at my approval and sat back down playing with her doll.

“Linda,” I whispered “Would it be okay for Lena and I to be alone?” I questioned not knowing if that was acceptable or not.

“Of course.” She said kindly and rose. “But be sure to be ready for diner, Mr. Vincent said he has a surprise for you.” She said smiling not knowing just how much the thought of being alone with Vince disgusted me. I really hoped Damon could save us and take me as far away from here as possible.

Lena and I played for a few hours before Linda came back with a kind smile informing me that I should get ready and assuring me that Lena would be in great care with her. I trusted Lena more with this stranger than her own father.

I walked back to my prison and saw a dress laid out on my bed. If I wasn’t so furious I might have admired how beautiful it actually was. The deep red coloring was my favorite and the neck line dipped down enough to be sexy/classy not trashy. I felt tears rise to my eyes and quickly blinked them away. I sighed and changed into the dress. It fit like a glove but I didn’t care I wanted to set it on fire and the room right along with it. I picked up the black heels next to the door and slipped my feet into them. Even being the shoe lover I was the heels couldn’t even so much as put a happy thought in my head. I sat back down on my bed and waited for him to arrive. It wasn’t long before I heard the handle being turned and Vince peeking his head around the corner. I stood up and walked to the door. His eyes followed me as I did so. I stopped a few feet away from him.

“You look absolutely gorgeous.” He said and opened the door the rest of the way. He held a single flower vase with a red rose in it. “For your room.” He said placing it on the dresser. He reached for my hand and I snatched it out of his reach. His brows furrowed together but he didn’t say anything. He held his arm out leading into the hall. I stepped around him and started for the main stairs.