0.56

Going to 12 Grimmauld Place was something Rowen never thought would happen again. She hadn't been back since her father passed and she watched as the hidden house came into view. She took in a deep breath going up to the door. She was handed the key on a chain by Hermione and she unlocked the door. The dust stirred up and screamed at they to get out.

"Had to have been Mad-Eye's idea."  Rowen said. She put the key around her neck and locked the door. She took in the dusty home and remembered the last time she was here. Christmas two years prior and she remembered saying goodbye to her father. She looked over at Harry who seemed to be thinking something similar. 

"Case Snape decided to come snooping." Hermione  said. They heard some banging, "homenum revelio." they waited, "we are alone." the others slept while Rowen read through the journal belonging to her mother. She looked over at Harry when he woke up.

"Did you sleep at all?" he questioned and she just shrug. They heard a banging and got up to investigate. They walked up the stairs slowly wands at the ready. They stopped at the door belonging to Sirius and opened it. They walked inside and looked around, she picked up a book and handed it to Harry.

"Harry? Row? Hermione, where are you?" they heard Ron call, "I think I found something." they followed Ron into another bedroom. Rowen looked at the name on the door Regulus. 

"Regulus Arcturus Black." Hermione said.

"R.A.B. Why didn't I think of him first? I'm an idiot. I'm sorry, Harry." Rowen said looking back at her cousin. They went to the kitchen and sat at the table. Harry had the locket in his hand and got the note from inside.

""I know I will be dead long before you read this. I have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it."" 

"R.A.B. Is Sirius' brother." Ron said.

"Yes." Hermione confirmed, "question is, did he actually destroy the real horcrux?" they heard a noise and looked towards a cupboard in the corner. They stood and looked at it, Harry going forward and opening the door. Kreacher the house elf belonging to the Black household stood in the cupboard.

"You've been spying on us, have you?" Harry asked pulling him over to the table.

"Kreacher has been...watching."

"Maybe he knows where the real locket is." Hermione suggested. Harry picked it up and showed it to Kreacher.

"You ever seen this before?" Harry questioned, "Kreacher?"

"Uh, uh, it's Master Regulus' locket. But there were two, weren't there? Where's the other one?" Kreacher groaned before answering.

"Kreacher doesn't know where the other locket is."

"Yes, but did you ever see it?" Hermione asked, "was it in this house?

"You filthy Mudblood! Death Eaters are coming--" Ron stepped forward with a pot.

"Ron!" Hermione said.

"Ah, Blood Traitor, Weasley."

"Kreacher! Answer her. My father left me this house, as a Black I am your master now. Answer her!" Rowen commanded. 

"Yes. It was here... in this house. A most evil object."

"How do you mean?" Harry asked.

"Before Master Regulus died, he ordered Kreacher to destroy it, but no matter how hard Kreacher tried, he could not do it."

"Well, where is it now? Did someone take it?"

"He came in the night. He took many things, including the locket."

"Who took things?" Rowen questioned, anger rising inside of her that objects from this home were taken without her knowledge, "who was it, Kreacher?"

"Mundungus. Mundungus Fletcher."

"Find him. Now." Rowen said. Kreacher left and they all looked at each other. 

"I've never seen you like that Rowen." Ron said looking over at the red head. While they waited Harry watched the Snitch float in front of his face, Hermione tried to teach Ron a bit of the piano, while Rowen read the same page of her mothers journal over and over again.

"They have flesh memories." Rowen said not looking up from the book, "I imagine Scrimgeour was anxious to see if Dumbledore hid anything inside. It should've opened at your touch." there was a bang indicating that Kreacher had returned with Mundungus. They went to the kitchen to see Kreacher and Dobby wrestling to get control of the small thief. 

"Get off." Mundungus said.

"Harry Potter...so long it's been!" Dobby said.

"Get off me!" they all fell to the ground.

"As requested, Kreacher has returned with the thief, Mundungus Fletcher. Mistress Black."

"Thank you. Expelliarmus!" Rowen said getting Mundungus' wand.

"What you playing at, setting a pair of bleeding house elves onto me?"

"Dobby was only trying to help. Dobby saw Kreacher in Diagon Alley, which Dobby thought was curious, a-and then Dobby heard Kreacher mention Harry Potter's name. And then Dobby saw Kreacher talking with the thief, Mundungus--"

"I'm not thief! You foul, little git." Mundungus said, Rowen following closely behind him. 

"That's a bloody lie. What happened to the things of my fathers? I left something here. Where is it?"

"I'm a purveyor of...rare and wondrous objects."

"You're a thief, Dung. Everyone knows it." Ron said, "now give, Rowen whatever she left here two years ago."

"Master Weasley..." Dobby said coming over to him, "so good to see you again." they shook hands.

"Wicked trainers." Ron said.

"Listen, I panicked that night, all right? Can I help it if Mad-Eye fell off his broom?"

"You..."

"Tell the truth."

"When you turned this place over--don't deny it--you found a locket, am I right?" Harry said.

"Why? Was it valuable?"

"You've still got it?" Hermione asked. 

"No, he's worried he didn't get enough money for it."

"Bleeding give it away, didn't I? There I was...flogging me wares in Diagon Alley when some Ministry hag comes up and asks to see me license. Says she's a mind to lock me up. And would've done it, too, if she hadn't have taken a fancy to that locket and that journal of yours. I only found it full of silly little girl things. But she liked that it had your named branded onto it."

"Who was she, the witch? Do you know?"

"No, I..." Mundungus say something and leaned down to grab a paper, "well, she's there. Look." he showed them the paper, "bleeding bow and all."