Chapter 10

(Before you begin, JustRunawayFox made this really cool edit!!! I thought I would put it on this chapter, and there is also one for next chapter as well! Feel free to make any edits for this or any other books that you've read of mine!!)

Casper

Willow was one of the most innocent killers I've ever known. Well, if you could call a killer innocent.

Usually when you're captured, your personality changes after a while, but Willow's never did. She was still the shy, kind girl that she always was. Always trying to find the quickest deaths, and always trying to avoid killing as much as she could. Hell, even Devin was easy on her, giving her low quotas and no punishing if she didn't reach it, although he would yell at her just enough to make her sob all night and for sure get her quota the next day.

She's the last person that deserved death so quickly, but here she lies, her blonde hair a tangled mess and her eyelids closed, covering her blank eyes from the world.

The helicopter is gone. Now Laine and Isaac will go back and have to explain to Devin everything. They might not know, but I for sure do, that they will be severely punished. Devin wants me back, and for them to come back without me, and also one less person? I can't imagine what he'll do.

I haven't gotten myself to cry. I don't think I will, either. Yes, I've known Willow for a while. She came three years ago, when I was fourteen. She joined our team right when she came, and didn't kill a single person for a whole month. I was jealous, mostly because she could go a day without killing anyone, while if I had even gotten my quota, Devin would lock me in a cell or beat me, finding some excuse. 'You could've killed that last blue-eyed like this instead,' he would explain, or 'you almost let that blue-eyed go.' I didn't understand why he would let Willow get away with no killing while he would punish me for getting my quota. But soon enough Willow got it together.

Death was like a boomerang; she killed, she caused deaths, and it came right back at her, a bullet in the side ended all of it.

Kellie's bullet.

It pisses the hell out of me that Kellie is the one who's crying. She's fallen to her knees, letting out sobs as she covers her face with her hands. I don't feel sorry for her, whether she wants me to or not, I don't. She shot Willow, not even a shot to the leg or something to slow her down, but right through the side, not even giving her a chance to take a few more breaths.

And here she is, sitting in complete defeat as she cries. Maybe I should try to comfort her in some way, but I can't. Not when she killed without a good reason to. Willow had me pinned, and the barrel of her gun was about to go right through my hand, but I know Willow, and she wouldn't dare kill me. Even someone who didn't know Willow wouldn't see her as the killing type. But I guess Kellie doesn't give a shit, and she thought I was a ruthless killer, when all this time we both were.

I finally have the guts to walk away from Willow. I say my last goodbye and turn, telling myself if I look back at her it'll only make things harder. And it does, I've done it before. So I don't.

"Lets go." I say, loud enough so Kellie will hear me over her cries. But she doesn't get up, and that irritates me.

"Get up." I snap, but all she does is look up at me, with her eyes puffy and chest heaving in and out fast.

"T-that was the first person-person I've killed." Kellie sobs, keeping her eyes fixed on me.

Sucky feeling, isn't it Kellie. All the people you've called bastards are forced to do this everyday, I want to say, but I don't think she'll be able to handle it. Little does she know, this is how everyone reacts after their first kill, including me. After that young girl and old man were shot, I couldn't function. I sobbed, cursed at myself and screamed for my parents, for my sister, to come rescue me from my killer self. But nobody came. All these years later and still nobody has come. I had to rescue myself.