o n e

Mina frowned at the moving truck that was backing up towards the house that was next to hers. After being vacant since before Mina moved in, it was finally being used. She had hoped that it would've never been used again. Then she could live in peace. No annoying neighbors to deal with or anything.

She wonders who will be moving in. Would it be some happy, smiling person? Would they play loud music? Would they be like Mina, a grumpy hermit crab that worked from home? Mina hoped it was the latter, so she wouldn't have to talk to them.

Her hopes were dashed when a short girl sporting pigtails hopped around the movers, telling them where to put her couch at. If Mina hadn't known better, she would've thought the girl was a five-year-old.

Who would proudly walk around looking like that? The girl moving in wore short shorts, and a pink t-shirt.Mina wouldn't blame anybody if they saw her and thought she was a middle-schooler. It's hard not to.

The Japanese was watching through the window of her home. She had to retrieve her mail from her mailbox, but she didn't want to be stopped by her new neighbor. And it wasn't just because of her neighbor. It was just her personality in general.

Mina was a grumpy hermit that hated talking to other people, whether it be to give directions, or to answer a simple 'yes or no' question. She's always been like that since she was a child, she was told when she asked her parents once. It was a part of her that she couldn't get rid of.

But, secretly, Mina did want to get rid of her negative personality. She hated seeing other people laugh and take walks in the sunshine and just genuinely smile. She hated seeing them do those things, because she couldn't do them herself. Her face muscles could not turn her frown into a smile, even if her life depended on it. It sounded really stupid, but it was the truth.

"Yah! Don't break my unicorn poster!" The girl shouted into her own home.

Mina rolled her eyes, closing the curtain and walking away from the window altogether. She wasn't living beside a woman. She was living beside a child. Who even keeps a unicorn poster? Not even Mina's best friend, Sana, had kept one. And Sana used to dress up in princess outfits and sing songs about fairies.

Now that Mina was thinking about it, she doesn't really understand why her and Sana were friends in the first place. Mina was so cold, while Sana was so warm. Everybody loved Sana, and nobody talked to Mina. Sana is still in Japan, due to her being an idol there, and Mina moved to South Korea to escape all of her former classmates.

What was wrong with her?

A few hours passed, which Mina had spent her time playing a game of online chess. She was so interesting, she knows. Just when she was about to take the opponent's King, her doorbell rung.

And who could that be? Mina grumpily thought as she got up from her chair, and walked to the door. It was dark outside, and Mina couldn't make out the figure due to her porch light not working.

"Who is is?" Mina asked, reaching for the baseball bat that was near her door. She wouldn't hesitate to use it, and has used it many times before.

"Your neighbor, Chaeyoung!"

Mina groaned and rolled her eyes. She already knew that this Chaeyoung character wasn't going to leave her alone like all the other neighbors did.

But she didn't know whether to like it or not.

This will be formatted like Model, with the chapters being short and all. But I'm sure it'll be longer than nine chapters, since with Model, I immediately jumped into the problem and situation. But for LMS, I'm gonna take it nice and slow. So expected it to be longer.

Hope you enjoy! And don't forget to suggest ships for the next story! They can be outside of TWICE, and check my bio as a guide for what to suggest.

See you next time!