t h r e e

Tuesday afternoon

—————————

The rain had finally let up by the time Zeke picked Rayne up for lunch, like he'd promised. In contrast to yesterday, her hair was now bone straight and down her back. She went with an all blue jean wardrobe. Wearing a blue jean shirt dress, she had the blue jean thigh highs to match. A pair of Cartier frames resided on her face that displayed an immaculate makeup job. On her wrist was a bracelet that boldly read Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

Having graduated from Clark Atlanta University, it was shortly after that she realized that she only attended college to satisfy her Daddy. She was miserable during her three year stay, but don't regret the networking she gained. All of her life, she knew that she wanted to own a hair salon then venture off into selling hair.

    She started as a small business on the campus of CAU before she expanded her business to Los Angeles, California. Zeke was proud of his big sister all while having a sense of jealously towards her. He admired her strength and courage to stand up to their father after realizing that she was unhappy doing what he wanted her to do.

Zeke just felt like he didn't have that choice. His older brother, Adonis, didn't want to take the business off their father's hands. Therefore, he was groomed to do so. His life had already been mapped out for him. Suddenly the car came to a stop, and Zeke looked out of the window to see that they were outside one of their Dad's restaurants.

   He looked over at Rayne, who didn't look back at him. She only got out of the car once the driver had made his way to open the door. Zeke followed behind her, smoothing out the wrinkles in his pants. Rayne quietly led them inside, and one of the waitresses recognized the siblings. She immediately led them to a table which made him speed up.

"Why is a table reserved already?" He spoke lowly into Rayne's ear.

    Before she could respond, he stopped in his tracks once his eyes had landed on the woman from the coffee shop earlier. Suddenly, his mouth got dry and it was hard for him to speak. He nervously, and discreetly, fixed his tie as he followed Rayne to the table.

Beautiful was too cliché to describe the woman.

   Jaw-dropping seemed more fitting for a woman like her. He didn't date black women, but that didn't stop him from looking. They were a beautiful specie, but too difficult to mate with.

"I'm sorry, Zeke. I invited my best friends and Don." Rayne batted her eyelashes. "I figured you didn't need a regular lunch. You needed a slight getaway."

   Zeke eyed her before moving to take the empty seat next to his brother, Adonis. "Come on, bro. There's a gorgeous woman on the other side of the table and you choose to sit next to me? Don't be a weirdo." Zeke smacked his lips, briefly glancing up to meet the eyes of his possible kryptonite.

   Adonis was the obnoxious big brother Zeke never wanted. He had inherited the features of their mother, light skinned with wavy hair. He stood about the same height as Zeke, maybe a little taller. His light hazel orbs always gleamed because Adonis never seemed to have a bad day. He was the jokester, the light of the party. To the ladies, he was probably the most handsome man walking. Zeke considered him to be a narcissist. He believed that he was God's gift to women. 

"My apologies, Zeke these are my two best friends, Remy Lotus and Naomi Cartier." Rayne introduced the three to one another. "Nai & Remy, this my very adorable brother, Zeke." Zeke cringed at the adjective that she used to describe him.