.18

Feeling just about every negative emotion at once, Anakin trudged up yet another sand dune. The Twin Suns had set and the purple and blue landscape of the galaxy stretched across the entire, never-ending desert.

For Ella who was probably nearing to Jabba's castle, it was probably the most beautiful sight she'd ever seen. But for Anakin, he'd seen it too many times, and for too many of those times he was in pain. The glimmering sky had gleamed right over him as his mother died in his own arms. Tatooine didn't deserve a night sky like this.

The feeling of the Dark Side reached a peak, engulfing Anakin with its chilling rage. Woven in it, he felt Ella, who was just as cold. It terrified him that she felt so similar to this- it pained him to think the Council might have been right about her.

On top of the next dune, a silent speeder halted and a cloaked figure climbed off. Clinging to his bravery, Anakin ignited his lightsaber as the figure approached. Their dark cloak billowed behind them ominously.

"Surrender the huttlet or die, Skywalker!" a chilling voice boomed, making the weight from Anakin's backpack seem even heavier.

The figure sent a strike of Force lightning towards Anakin. He absorbed it with his lightsaber, but he could still feel its intense energy sparking off of everything surrounding him. The lightning was the only source of light. As it erupted from the cloaked figure's long and bony fingertips it revealed an old and wrinkled face in the blue glow - Count Dooku.

Then, after trying to scare Anakin with his force lightning, Dooku ignited his long red lightsaber. He did not hesitate, lunging towards Anakin as soon as it reached full extension.

The two lightsabers crashed together, making the Force ripple like an earthquake. The two men pushed against each other, shaking from all the strength they put forth.

Then they broke apart and the real duel began. Strike, block, feint, parry. The two men were evenly matched and easily memorized the weaknesses of the other. Anakin was fast, Dooku

They were locked again, pushing on each other's lightsabers, waiting for the other to make a move. "Your training has done you well," Dooku growled, "boy."

Anakin let out an angry huff as he shoved Dooku off of him. They went at it again, this time swinging to kill. He could not take it any longer, anger building up inside of him. And he knew it was wrong, it was so wrong, but it made him stronger. He thought of all the pain he'd ever suffered here, images of his childhood flashed in his mind. Anakin saw his mother- so helpless, so innocent die once more and he broke. He exploded into rage, fighting Dooku with every last bit of strength he possessed.

"Ahh now I remember," Dooku cooed menacingly at him, letting Anakin shove him backwards once more. "This is your home planet. I sense your strong feelings."

The Sith stared at him with blood orange narrow eyes. Anakin could not bare to look back into them, as if they'd turn him to stone if he did.

"Feelings of pain, loss, sorrow-"

Anakin yielded the Force once more to send a dark cloud of sound spiraling towards Dooku. He didn't need to be reminded of what he felt here- he knew deep down no matter how much he denied it.

Dooku stopped Anakin's sand cloud at once, letting it build up for a moment in front of him. Then, he sent it screaming back towards him ten times faster. It hit him way before he knew what was even happening.

Anakin was sent flying down the sand dune, his eyes blinded by the sand. His lightsaber continued to roll down the slope as he skidded to a stop. Not giving him any time to even breathe, Dooku hurdled over the sand dune, flying towards Anakin. He acted fast- using the Force to send his lightsaber back into his hand. He ignited it just as Dooku pounced on him. Their weapons were locked once more.

Anakin flung himself upright, but just as he spun around Dooku sliced straight through his backpack.

Dooku let out a chilling laugh, "You've failed Skywalker, I've killed the huttlet."

He threw the backpack on the ground with his remaining energy. The two halves split apart and revealed what was inside. A bunch of desert rocks spilled out. "I see you've fallen for my little trick," he smirked. "The huttlet is safe with my Padawan at Jabba's castle."

A wave of darkness shadowed Dooku's face. "I expected such treachery from a Jedi. I assure you my web is strong enough to catch your insignificant little Padawan."

Anakin glared at the Sith. "She's more skillful than you think," he spat, "and you of all people should know that."

"You deceive yourself!" Dooku spat, igniting his lightsaber. Anakin jumped back up, ready for another round of fighting.

Anakin kicked Dooku square in the face. Falling back, Dooku pushed Anakin with the Force, sending him rolling halfway down the dune's slope again.

As soon as he stopped rolling, Anakin gathered himself back up to stand. Every muscle in his body ached, his head throbbed, and he could barely see because of the sand in his eyes. "I could do this all day," Anakin smirked, feeling Dooku become even angrier.

"There will be no need for that," Dooku hissed as he stood back up. "I have a message from your Padawan."

He reached into his cloak and clicked on a small holoprojector. In the blue light, Anakin could see Ella against three giant droids with double sided electrical rods. She struggled against them, even more as she tried to keep the huttlet safe. The castle was so close, she'd almost made it. One shoved her backwards, out of the hologram's view. All he could hear was a scream and R2 rapidly beeping.

"Once my droids kill Jabba's son they will give your Padawan to Jabbas for punishment for the huttlet's murder. I can't imagine he will be merciful."

"That still doesn't make up for the fact that you wanted her, you wanted her for your own ranks- to train her. And now she's one of us-" Anakin growled, his lightsaber still ignited.

"You cannot keep my her from me forever, Jedi. Someday she will find out and resent all of you for keeping it a secret. That is if my daughter even survives tonight."