GUILT

Chapter 5

It had been 12 hours since they took Annie away. Caden didn’t want to talk to anyone as he walked away to find some alone time to think over what happened. The time he returned, Charlotte was curled up in a small ball, still crying her eyes out. Caden couldn’t take it anymore and walked towards his twin.

“Char!” He pulled her closer but Char couldn't even bare to stand beside him as she pushed him away from her and hugged herself tightly.

“Get lost, you monster.” She yelled at him, tears rolling down her eyes. Caden was shocked for the amount of hatred her voice held.

“Charlotte.” He tried again but she shook her head.

“You are a monster. A selfish monster. She helped in finding your chosen and you sent her back to her hell.” Char sneered at him.

Caden was confused when he heard about his chosen and he looked at her for answers but before he could question her, Cole’s voice rung through the door,

“Where is Annie? She doesn’t have to go now.”

He looked so happy as he looked around for Annie but then his gaze settled on Charlotte’s tears stricken face and his heart skipped a beat but he didn’t want to assume worse.

Char, for the first time from last night, felt solace as she ran towards Cole hugging him tighter. She started sobbing in his chest.

“What’s going on? Why are you crying? Where is Ann?” He looked up at Caden who for the first time looked guilty.

“God damn it, tell me where is she?” Cole yelled loudly.

All the pack members surrounded them including Maia who was sniffling in her hanky. She felt so hurt and bad when she realized what Cade did; he rejected his own mate for her. She was so heartbroken when she found out and tried to confront him but he left without answering. She told Caden that he wasn’t the one she fell in love with, he changed into some different person because the Caden she knew would have never done such a horrible thing.

“He sent her away. With those men, her old pack. They hurt her, Cole, they fucking hurt her.” Charlotte cried loudly while explaining.

Cole’s hands dropped by his side as he looked at his alpha who was watching them with no expressions. Cole stepped back as few tears rolled down his eyes and he said,

“You broke her, you fucking broke her. They will kill her.”

Caden’s wolf didn’t like the disrespect and he growled but his human said, “She murdered her own mother.”

Cole shook his head, “How can you believe them? How? She was the most innocent and pure person I have ever seen. She didn’t kill her mother; she was just saving everyone from heartbreak. But no you were so blindly in love with your chosen; you didn’t even see the pain that was present in the eyes of your destined. If she was mine, I would have treasured her, cherished her, and made sure that she would get all happiness she deserved but you hurt her.”

“Beta Cole!” An elderly woman entered the pack house as she took in the entire scene that was being unfolded but then she turned towards Cole and asked,

“Where is my daughter? Where is Annie?”

Everyone gasped loudly and looked at her with wide eyes. Caden was shocked and his face reflected the emotion as well.

“What’s happening? Please tell me that my baby girl is safe.” Annie’s mother cried.

Hesitantly Cole explained everything and she fell on the ground. He told about Annie’s abuse and everything she went through. Caden felt so guilty that he wanted to run towards Alpha Ryan’s pack to get his mate back but before that he had to hear everything.