12 - The Dragon's Tower

Yulrir breathed a sigh of relief when the instructor officially closed the first trial. Everyone who passed had been instructed to follow the instructor to the place where the 2nd trial will be held. Those who unfortunately failed were escorted outside.

Yulrir was on guard since he certainly caught Theo looking at him with a smirk. He can't help to be annoyed and walk faster. Logan, the instructor, found it amusing.

The academy is too big and they've passed a mini-forest where you can find a lot of medicinal trees and herbs, from there, you'll see a golden tower. Judging from the direction they are walking, it seems like they are moving towards it.

After a couple minutes of time, as expected, they have arrived at the base of the tower. There are four hooded figures that are standing in front of the entrance. Logan bowed in front of them and they all nodded.

"Okay candidates, we've arrived at our destination. This will be the place where your second trial will commence. " Logan waited for a bit and then he continued.

"This tower is called the Dragon Tower, it is an ancient temple divided into 12 floors. Before we proceed, let me introduce you to the Tower Master." Logan nodded towards one of the hooded figures beside him and that figure stepped forward.

The hooded person removed her hood and it unexpectedly revealed a beautiful woman who looks like in her prime 30's. The woman is comparable to Yulrir's mother and aunt. She has a natural red hair and a beauty mole beneath her left eye. The revelation caused the other Alphas to silently murmur.

"Thank you Logan", the woman looks at Logan with an alluring smile that made Logan to stiffen on the spot. She then looks forward to the candidates and smile. The smile itself made their heart thump.

"Hello dear candidates. My name is Terra Guvienne, you can call me Terra. I am currently the tower master of this tower. I will be the one in charge of your second trial. " Terra said in a gentle voice.

Yulrir and the others can't help but be amazed at the beauty in front of them. Her cultivation is clearly higher than of Logan's and she releases a warm gentle aura in her. It made the alphas ecstatic. She is clearly an Alpha but she didn't give off such rough domineering aura.

Terra raised her right hand and a magic seal was formed. In front of the candidates' chest, there is a piece of paper that is forming. Yulrir was awed by the scene and can't help to think what is this for. The others grabbed the paper while others waited for the next orders.

"It is a Tower Talisman. Go ahead and grab it." Terra instructed patiently.

"Carefully tuck it in you for it will play an essential role in this trial. The trial will be the tower itself. The mechanics are simple, climb through the floors of the tower as high as you could. Whoever gets pass the 6th floor will automatically pass and gets accepted into the academy. Those who don't will fail. To the top 3 who climbs the highest will get a reward. Tear the talisman if you would like to get ejected out of the tower and it'll automatically teleport you out. " Terra explained calmly.

Everyone gets anxious about the tower but still wanted to try it. Terra glanced towards the candidates and nodded. "Okay, it seems like everyone had their own talisman. We can now start the trial. "

Terra raised her hand again and the barrier around the entrance seem to dissipate and the big golden door of the tower opened. "You can now go inside, the time limit will be a day. The timer will now start and if you haven't got out once inside the tower in about 24 hours, I'll teleport you out. " Terra added.

Hearing her words, everyone madly rushed towards the entrance. Yulrir on the other hand, still remained calm as he cautiously walked towards the tower's entrance.

Logan shook his head and said "You love seeing the new one's panic eh... "

Terra shot a glance at Logan and smiled. "Haha, that's the fun in it. Now we will just have to wait and watch their struggles. "

Logan shook his head helplessly. Who would know that this woman is really a sadist in disguise... The other hooded figures can't help but think the same.