Chapter Twenty Three

The oven door opened releasing sparsely any steam and my teeth ground on each other threatening to break. My hand coiled into a fist and my heart thumped in my chest like a caged animal trying to break out of it's cell. The dish hit the counter top with a loud clatter and I looked down at it enraged.

"ADAM! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"

The shrill cry ripped through the air at the top of my lungs and I could hear myself breathing. No wonder the asshole was in such a hurry to leave. That piece of shit stole my food!

I stormed out of the kitchen and headed to the stair, roiling. Once I reached the landing my footsteps could be heard a mile off, thundering down the hallway to his room. The door flew open with a bang as I bulldozed my way inside. Adam's room reeked of disgusting sweaty clothes and rotten cheese and it's attack on my nose almost knocked me out and caused my empty stomach to churn. My hand covered my mouth to keep myself from gagging or worst passing out.

His room was painted a dull shade of blue, and inside was a bed to the corner, a television he left neglected to take over the one in the living room, piles of magazines, video games discs and clothes strewn all over.

Helen doesn't tell him to clean this pigsty, meanwhile if I drop a hair tie on my bedroom floor I'd never hear the end of it.

Along the wall were different Play Boy models skimpily dressed and looking seductively from their erotic posters. Small wonder Helen avoids his room.

I grimaced and retreated to my bedroom and got a sharpie. Poster after poster, I transformed his hot sexy models into gross old men with gentalias all over the posters some at some pretty obscure angles. That was sure going to piss the doofus off and that's what he deserved for eating my damn food.

I went back to the kitchen and made another meal and sat in bitter silence and ate. Once I was through I went for a walk. It was dark out and sometime after 8 o'clock when I made my way back. Adam was venting about what I did to his room to Helen and I ignored him and climbed the stair. Adam's voice was drowned out once as soon as I closed the door and I strutted over to the window and closed the curtains. A disembodied masculine voice rang out and startled me.

My eyes scanned my bedroom, before I realized it must have come from outside. Emmett was sitting on his windowsill and staring over at my window when I shifted the curtains. I was so caught up in my own thoughts earlier I hadn't realized he was there.

"Not mad at me are you?" He asks.

The window opened and I looked out at him. His bedroom was semi lit and the light reflected off the walls of his abdominal muscles which for a jiffy I was mindlessly staring at. I teared my eyes away and stared up at him a bit confused.

"Why'd I be mad at you?" I ask puzzled.

"You know, the closed curtain thing," he responds, "Ah, sorry about that."

My face was screwed up in concentration as I trying to summon back the memory. Emmett's bushy eyebrows furrowed a bit, then he cleared his throat and spoke again.

"That girl was just someone I had over for the night," he states.

A light bulb lit up in my head as I came to grips with what he was talking about. He didn't need to apologize really, he did nothing wrong. I on the hand was the one who should be apologizing for invading his privacy and staring into his room like some creep. On the other hand none of it would have happened if he learnt to keep his stupid curtains closed. That's why bedrooms have windows and also why they make clothing for them called curtains. He had a girl over, if he had his curtains drawn then he wouldn't need to apologize for trying to get some privacy. I jerked my head up and caught him watching me.