Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 43: Gay is Okay

Song Chapter: Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

Aria Evans

I never felt comfortable talking about any feelings what so ever. I've always kept to myself, and it was always a challenge to express whatever I was feeling. Like when ever my parents left for another business trip, I would always tell them to have fun, when really all I ever wanted to say was please stay.

Now having others express to me what they were feeling? That was a whole other story. Having others tell me their problems was easier than telling them mine. I liked having people trusting me to know what they were going through.

My mind coursed through the happenings of this weekend and I couldn't help but sigh. A few weeks ago, my life was a boring routine that seemed endless. Now it was a loop crazy rollercoaster, throwing me over in unexpected drops.

It was thrilling and scary at the same time.

As school came into view, my thoughts ceased with my own groan. The weekend went by too fast for my liking. Once I went through those doors I didn't know what to expect. The happenings of Saturday night crashed my thoughts and I still was left speechless.

I felt like everything was about to change.

Dylan was dating the librarian's assistant.

Derek started dating Sandy.

I kept kissing Zander in enclosed spacing's and nobody knows about it.

One of my childhood bestfriends was gay and I didn't even realized it.

And his twin brother was wrongfully upset about it.

Honestly, what could go wrong? Absolutely everything.

I made my way through the full hallway's of high school, groups of students fooling around here and there, shouting and laughter being heard. It was too early in the morning for this. But I, not being a morning person, ignored them all, thrusting my backpack in front of my locker as I attempted to open it.

Then no shouting or laughter was heard, the hallways ceasing of noise. A pin dropping could be heard from how quiet everything became. I found this awkward, what the heck is happening. Turning around slowly, I saw why everyone became quiet.

Noah walked through, a frown etched on his face as his pace picked up. My mouth widened, and my heart dropped.

Everyone knew.

As Noah reached the door leading to the parking lot, he seemed to lift up his head a bit, before pushing open the door with a thud, the door bouncing from how hard he pushed. He Reminded me of how Derek reacted. Where was he now, and why wasn't he here defending his best friend?