(63) Inside of us

Chapter 63- Inside of Us.

I must have been sat on the floor for at least an hour. I hadn't heard anymore from the room beside me, apart from the slight mumbling of voices.

My mind was blank yet full of worries and regret.

A doctor? I shook my head. How stupid. Did Kyle really need a doctor? Again, I didn't know, but he needed something. I ran out of ideas, I didn't know what to do.

This had been going on longer than it should have been. Long enough to hurt our relationship in some way or another. Long enough to make us both quiet and almost unloving; something we very rarely were.

Something wasn't right, I could feel it. Was I doing the right thing right now?

When I married Kyle I promised him and myself that I would put everything in to our marriage. I am in love with him, I'd try anything for him.

Suddenly, the door opened and Greg stepped out without a Kyle following behind. I got up from off the floor and wiped my face, hoping no tear stains were left, even though I knew my face was red and my eyes puffy.

"How is he? What's the matter?" I spiralled off questions Greg's way. He looked to me as he pulled on his black leather gloves and grab held of his case.

"I'm sorry, Cali, but that's confidential." Greg replied. His eyes were strong with sympathy and my brows furrowed.

"Confidential? But I'm his wife." I let out firmly. He couldn't keep this kind of information away from me. I needed answers and a way in to help. This wasn't helping in the slightest.

"He'll tell you in his own time, I'm sure." Greg always took on situations with calmness and with a laid back attitude. I didn't know how he did it, but right now, I just wanted answers.

"Please tell me, Greg, please, I have the right to know." I tried pleading with him. I wanted to help, goddammit, not stand here like a fool hoping Greg told me the things I should already know.

"Look, he told me not to tell you, and I'm not going to." He explained whilst his voice lowered to a whisper. Even if the door was shut, I'm sure Kyle could still hear us. My heart sank at what Greg had said anyway.

Why wouldn't he want to tell me?

"What? Why?" I asked Greg as I looked up to him in shock. He laid a hand against my shoulder.

"I can't possibly say, but I'll give you some advice. Just do your research, your home work. You're a bright girl, you'll sort this out for the both of you, I'm sure." He took his hand away from my shoulder and made his way down stairs. I followed after him. I opened the front door for him as soon as I got downstairs.

"Thanks, Greg." I smiled despite my upset. Greg smiled my way in sympathy.

"That's okay. Love is strong enough to work it out for the both of you alone, don't forget that." He pointed my way and I smiled again.

"Thank you. I won't forget your wise words." Greg smiled before walking up the drive.

I watched him open the door of his Audi before getting in the car and driving off.

Seeing him go, I felt a slight sense of unease and panic. How would Kyle react now?

I shut the door, enclosing the cold from outside, even if I couldn't do so on the inside. I laid my forhead against the cold wooden door.

My life was just a short burst of sadness and unease in my life. Right now, I couldn't help but think of my dad.

I needed help before I knew I was pregnant. I didn't want to be this stressed when I'm expecting a baby. Why did Kyle have to do this? Why did he have to make me feel like there was an explosion of negative feelings inside?