chapter 9

Ghirahim's nose twitched as he stared Fi dead in the eye. He could tell she was judging him. She didn't move; just hovered above Demise's sword. But he knew in the depths of her precocious mindset she was silently critiquing him for returning magic energy to [Name].

"Stop that," he ordered, and she cocked her head to the side.

"Stop what?"

"I'm not exploitable," he dismissed.

"I didn't accuse you of such."

"You did in your head!"

"I am incapable of processing human thoughts."

Ghirahim grumbled, before turning to [Name]'s sleeping form.

"Why isn't she awake yet? She should feel the power surging through her now! I returned more than enough energy for her to wake up!" He yelled, before hastily adding: "Not that it matters... Truthfully, I am absolutely delighted I no longer have to listen to her constant babbling."

"Regardless of the amounts of power returned to [Name], humans require these dormant states of rest."

Ghirahim frowned, his murky eyes glancing over [Name] one final time before heading to the door. He, having completed his restoration to the strength he had in the Sky Era, now possessed the vehement desire to indulge in human bloodshed. And there were more than enough suitable victims waiting for him outside.

Master, he thought, as he strode down the inn's flight of stairs. Why did you choose a foolish Sheikah as your heir? He ambled through Castle Town, glazing over each apparently "ill-favored" townsperson who passed him. It was late now, so the streets were considerably less crowded, but no one he's seen so far seemed worthy of his time.

He stopped upon hearing raucous laughter emitting from a small alley. Peering in, he saw a door leading into a bar. He read the sign in front of it:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T E L M A ' S  B A R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remembering hearing [Name] mention something about a 'Telma,' he smirked and rolled his rather long tongue across his lips.

As he entered, he was faced with the sight of five Hyruleans sitting at a table. The woman working behind the counter - who Ghirahim automatically assumed to be Telma - offered him an unconsciously stern glance.

"We're closed for tonight, sir," she spoke, her voice just as unrelenting as her facial expression. She was a rotund figure with pointed ears, proof of her Hylian heritage, and red dreadlocks tied back in a ponytail. Ghirahim flashed her his most devilish smile.

"Madame... Might you be Telma~?" He purred, and her eyebrows immediately furrowed. She wasn't the type to take bullcrap from anyone, and certainly wouldn't let herself fall for his seductive gaze.

"We're closed," she repeated. He shut his eyes, heavily exhaling. He tried to put some fun into his killing spree, but nothing aggravated him more than those who rejected him. This was almost as annoying as [Name].

He manifested his sword, and as soon as the five other people in the room heard the sound of clanking metal they rushed to Telma's aid.

They were the Resistance - a group of Hyruleans striving to purify Hyrule of any evil or wrongdoings. Consisting of Auru, Ashei, Shad, and Rusl, and newcomer Link, they all aimed their weapons at Ghirahim. They wore menacing scowls that would have pinned any other person down, but the Demon Lord basked in their anger.

"My, my~" He could feel his fingers twitching as excitement bubbled up within him. How fortunate he was to have stumbled upon warriors; it was even more enticing to think of crushing determination rather than dealing with futile pleads. He could imagine it... Seeing the six of them beg for mercy, crawling helplessly beneath him...

He spun his blade around, to which the members of the Resistance easily evaded. They had quick reflexes, he noted.

As he engaged in battle with them, Telma disappeared from the bar, presumably to alert the Hylian guards.

It was terribly amusing to see each lowly human even think they could stand a chance against the Demon Lord, and he easily knocked out Shad and Auru within a few minutes. The three remaining Hyruleans were the ones more skilled in combat, and had much more (wait for it) ~resistance~ (ba dum tssss) than the scholar or the Oocca lover.

Rusl, still recovering from wounds sustained from when King Bulblin raided Ordon Spring, collapsed of exhaustion. Ghirahim released a series of maniacal laughs as he eagerly awaited fighting the two younger swordsmen.

He twirled around, his blade scratching Ashei's cheek and arm in the process. She winced, the cut on her limb particularly deep, but her determination never wavered and she continued to fight with formidable ardor.

During Ghirahim's duel with Ashei, Link had retreated to move his fallen comrades to the back of the bar. And when the green-clad Hero returned to the main section of the bar, he was shocked to see an unconscious Ashei, her icy rib-knit blouse stained crimson.

It was at that point that Telma returned with five Hylian soldiers. They trooped into the room, surrounding Ghirahim. As fierce as they seemed, behind their iron helms they were nervous beyond belief. Ghirahim chuckled darkly, easily knocking the five of them unconscious with one spin attack.

Telma's face remained aloof, but even she doubted that Link could take the Demon Lord on by himself. She gently led Ashei to where the other Resistance members were resting.

"Honey, buy me some time an' keep him busy, ya hear?" She called, rushing out the door. Link remained impassive as he nodded, aiming his sword at Ghirahim. The Demon Lord groaned.

"You and that skychild... Always getting in my way..." he murmured, stepping forward. "Though... If I recall anything from dealing with the other one, it's to dispose of you before you get too far.."

Ghirahim discarded his sword, tossing it aside and allowing it to erupt into a flurry of diamonds. He then manifested a blue orb around his right hand. From it shot tiny, yet sharp diamonds. Unsure how to counterattack, Link simply used his shield to defend himself. Having been distracted by the diamonds, he didn't catch the massive ball of lightning Ghirahim was gradually swelling up above his head.

Ashei caught sight of this moments before Ghirahim signaled for it to fall, but couldn't muster the strength to warn Link. Instead she shut her eyes as it collapsed, and tried to tune out the green Hero's cries of pain and sizzles of electricity.

Ghirahim licked his lips, leaning down and dipping his finger into an open wound on Link's abdomen. He swiped a dollop of blood and licked it, satisfaction filling his core. How wonderful it felt to finally kill this pesky insect. He avenged his master and secured his own reprisal.

"Wh... Ghirahim..?"

Of course, to ruin it all, [Name] had decided to barge in.