Chapter 28.

•The Next Day•

~August~

"C'mon baby you got it. Just a li mo'." I encouraged.

"August I don't think-"

"Shh, Bethany, just be patient."

I held my hands out to Angel as she released Bethany's hands and then took two steps by herself before grabbing my hands.

"Aye! That's my girl!" I exclaimed, grabbing Angel and holding her up in the air.

She giggled loudly as I kissed her cheeks.

"Da-da." Angel replied, reaching down at my face. "Dada."

I looked at Bethany and she had the same shocked look on her face as I do.

"That's right baby, that's your dada." Bethany said with a smile.

"Say it again, Ang. Say dada." I said, making a silly face at her.

"Da! Da!" She squealed, then began chanting "Da-da, da-da, da-da!"

I placed her feet on the floor but held her hands and we chant with her.

"What's going on in here?" A voice said behind us.

I turned to see Niecy standing there with a hand on her hip.

She gave me a surprised look.

"August? What's your skinny ass doing back in the A?"

"What's it look like?" I picked Angel up, and smiled as she poked my face.

"Awww, that's so sweet. I would cry if I had feelings." She dramatically fanned her eyes.

"You're a mess." Bethany said, walking over to hug her. "Hey girl. Where's Jay?"

"Bathroom. She hasn't been feeling too good the past couple days." Niecy shrugged and followed Bethany to sit on the couch while me and Angel took a spot on the carpeted floor.

While I watched Angel play with her toys, I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Does Nathan know he's here? I'm sure he's not too happy about it."

"Oh yeah he knows." Bethany replied, and I can imagine her rolling her eyes. "Do you know he had the nerve to come here drunk yesterday morning and tried to tell me that August needed to leave?"

Niecy gasped.

"No! Are you serious? The hell is wrong with him?"

"Girl, yes. I don't know what his problem was. And then he told me that I had to choose between him and August."

I smirked to myself.

Bitch ass nigga, of course she'll choose me.

I'm her baby daddy....and I'm sexy.

"Oh wow, and what did you say?"

"I didn't have a chance to answer. He walked out." Bethany said, sadness evident in her voice. "I haven't heard from him since."

"I can't believe he would act so childishly. That doesn't sound anything like Nathan." Niecy said and from my peripheral vision I saw her shake her head.

"Same thing I said."

"Mm. Let me call his ass and give him a piece of my mind..."

"No," Bethany said quickly. "I want him to come back on his own accord, not because you threatened him."

"Whaaaat? Threaten? Me? Never that. I would never." Niecy scoffed and placed a hand over her chest.

"Umm..." I raised my hand, entering their conversation. "That's a lie. You threatened me not to hurt Bethany when you found out about our past."