Four

Thomas POV

At first my best friend, James, and all of Hamilton's friends teased me for saying we were engaged and the hospital nurses saying just made it worse. After a while though it became something normal to be 'engaged' to Alexander. After two weeks ,the short man was still asleep. Me and his friends visited him everyday and I became friends with them. Now I was sitting at a table with the 'Hamilsquad' in a tiny cafe.

"Coffee?" A waitress asks. I frown.

"I'll actually have some mint tea if you have it. If not I'll just have water." I tell her.

"Your lucky day, sir." The woman says with a smile, scribbling it down. James orders a cherry coke, Laf gets a sprite, Herc gets a Dr. Pepper, all the Schuylers get lemonade. On the other side of the cafe, Aaron Burr enters. He sits at a table next to us with a very pretty girl.

"Where's Alexander?" He asks looking very worried.

"He's been gone for two weeks and you're just noticing he's not here?" Angie says with a questioning look. Aaron shrugs.

"He's in the hospital. In a coma. Because of me." I whisper the last part. Peggy puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"So Burr, who's this?" Eliza says sipping on her lemonade.

"This is Theodosia. She's uhh a really good friend." Aaron says smiling to Theodosia. The waitress comes by and we order out lunch. Me being me, I order Mac'n Cheese. Lafayette sighs.

"Alex would've ordered spaghetti even though this place makes the worst spaghetti possible." Lafayette says and sings softly in French. We eat quickly to make sure we have at least an hour with Alexander. Peggy, Lafayette, and Hercules pile into my car. Angie and Eliza ride in the two seater their dad bought Angie. I drive about thirteen miles per hour over the speed limit and Angie races ahead of me. When we get out we see who can get to the room first. I tie with Lafayette every time, us being cousins we're both unnaturally fast. Today, though ,I go a lot faster. Sliding to a halt I throw the door open.

"Alexander! I return with flowers." I sing. The sleeping man doesn't stir. I pull the dying flowers from last week out of the vase and replace them with new ones. I kneel beside him as our friends file into the room. I rub his arm and look at his fading scars. Some look fresh but most are almost invisible. Gently I kiss his forehead and let the next people in line to see him see him.

Alex POV

I smile as Thomas slides into the room. He sings my names and replaces the dying flowers. I blush when he rubs my scars and kisses my forehead. He sits down and all my other friends come by.

"Hey Lafayette." I say ruffling his hair. I know he can't feel it but it makes me feel closer. Hercules hugs me tightly and the goes after Lafayette, who is lounging on a chair. Angie and Eliza come at the same time.

"I miss you so much." Eliza says.

"I've written so many letters for you." Angie murmurs.

"Love you guys too." I say. They sit down. Peggy is the last person. She cries into my hand. I press my forehead to hers and shush her. I was like her older brother and when no one else was around she would vent to my sleeping state.

"We need you back Alex." She whispers.

"I'm trying so hard." I whisper back. When she's done I sit down next to Thomas and watch him cry. What's going on in that beautiful mind?

Thomas POV

I almost feel someone next to me. I'm kind of pathetic. What kind of person can't admit they love someone until that someone is in a coma and it's their fault? It's been so distracting, not knowing if he's gonna wake up. I see him shake a little but his condition stays the same. In my head I can almost hear his voice saying 'I'm almost awake.' Tears continue falling down my cheeks as I look at the sleeping man. My phone buzzes. An alarm saying it's time to go back to school. I hear his voice again saying 'please don't leave me alone. I'm scared.'
-----
Posting early :D