Chapter 27

It's kind of a chill chapter. It's been a while, but it's also Valentine's Day. I tried to give Caine and Charlotte a break. BTW, Happy Valentine's Day, whether you are single or with a significant other. <3 You know I love you all:)

Chapter 27

Macon woke me up at six in the morning sharp. I was surprised to hear a knock on my door so early. Since it was still too early for me, my senses weren’t exactly sharp. I simply assumed it was Adam or Liam bothering. I blinked a few times after I saw Macon standing right outside my door, with a smirk on his face.

“You’re up, good. We have a lot to do today,” he said.

“Macon…” I croak out, rubbing my eyes, which were begging me to close them.

“The Alpha gave strict orders about starting our day early,” Macon said, still looking too happy for my taste.

“It’s six in the morning. I’m sleeping.”

“I see you awake.”

He swerved out of the way when I tried to punch him in the face for being too chirpy so early.

“Caine’s coming home today.”

It was Macon’s turn to be surprised. It seemed like Caine had forgotten to tell other people that his trip had been cut short and he was returning home.

“How do you know?”

“He called me last night. Tristan and Derek apparently tried to give him a crap deal, so Caine decided to come home.”

“When?”

“When what?”

“When is he coming home? I was not joking when I mentioned all the work we have to do. I gave my word to Caine that it would all be done by the time he-”

Before Macon finished his sentence, I swung the door shut.

“I’ll see you at a decent hour!” I yelled.

I broke out laughing when Macon called me lazy, and a few other colorful words.

“You’re getting to comfortable, boy!”

I felt guilty when Macon apologized through our mind link. I had to remind myself that even though Macon and I spent a lot of time together, he still didn’t know when I was messing around.

“Caine’s coming back today,” I told Liam after he walked into the living room.

It was only ten in the morning, but I had been up for hours. Ever since Macon had woken me up, I hadn’t been able to go to sleep.

I figured that while I was awake, I might as well be productive. I called Leila. It had been around eight in the morning. I should’ve known that much like myself, other people also liked sleeping in. The phone rang three times, before Alpha Dylan answered.

To say that the pleasantries shared between us were awkward, was putting it mild. I cracked a joke about something, and I could feel Alpha Dylan wanting to reach through the phone to strangle me. Thankfully, he only asked, ‘Did you need anything else?’ His question and harsh tone would have made me cower away—that was before my Wolf came along. I growled at him, he growled louder and with more power at me, and I wasn’t sure when it was that we started yelling at each other.

We managed to wake up Leila, who took the phone away from him. After that, our talk was pleasant. Leila was nice enough to apologize for his mate. ‘He gets grumpy sometimes,’ she’d said. In the background, I heard Alpha Dylan yelling that he wasn’t sorry for anything he’d said. The phrase, ‘Alpha’s don’t apologize’ was thrown out, and that made me roll my eyes.