0031

Tweek breathed in Kenny's scent. It was all he could do not to freak out there and then. It was a scent he couldn't quite describe, and as he thought about it, he recognised the faint smell cigarettes and cheap alcohol, but there was something else he couldn't put his finger on. It rested on the tip of his tongue, toying with his mind but he just couldn't find the right word, and as he raked through his brain, he unknowingly tapped into the saved scent of Craig. Light aftershave tainted by the random body wash his mother would buy. A warm and comfortable scent that Tweek had found himself gravitating towards many times in the past.

So there they were, in the middle of a not so isolated clearing, being tracked and hunted by some sick weirdo with a bow and arrow, thinking that they was apart of the hunger games or something, yet Tweek was thinking about the smell of Craig.

Kenny held his breath as the hunter stopped his creepy walking to look around, and in that moment, both of them feared Eric had been seen. The hunter made a grunting noise in the back of his throat, his eyes directly looking at the tree Kenny and Tweek were hiding behind. His feet ever so slowly approached closer, and closer until Kyle's voice frantically called out in the distance. The 'Katniss Everdeen' wannabe snapped his head in that direction, readying his bow, with an arrow already loaded and ready to fire as he stalked off to where Kyle's shout had resonated from.

Kenny's hand slipped from Tweek's mouth, hanging limply at his side as he took a small step back, looking in the direction the hunter went. He was at a crossroad. One way was Kyle and Stan, hidden deeply somewhere he wasn't quiet sure of, whilst some guy was literally hunting them down. Then beside him was Tweek and Eric, one injured and the other barely functional. He hesitantly took a step away from Tweek, who jumped back slightly when Eric popped up beside them, looking just as frightened as they did. Kenny had to admit, he was doing well despite his current predicament, arrow and all. His heart raced as the hunter left his sights, worrying for his friends who were about to get a surprise visit from Daryl Dixon any moment now.

"Kyle's such an idiot." Eric shook his head, though despite his harsh words, it was clear he too was feeling distressed for his friends.

"You need to keep moving." Kenny suddenly found his voice, tearing his gaze from where the hunter left and looked between Eric and Tweek. "Both of you, keep going straight on and you'll get to the road, wait for us there."

"You can't leave us!" Tweek panicked.

"I need to find Kyle and Stan." Kenny reasoned, his eyes were soft, though they showed how anxious he was. "Just stay with Eric. Make sure he doesn't faint."

"Aye! I won't faint." Eric scowled. "I might pass out, but I sure as hell won't faint."

"It's the same thing." Kenny rolled his eyes, looking directly at Eric as he spoke. "Don't leave Tweek behind, and don't trip him up so you can get away." He said sternly.

"I'm not an asshole."

"Right..." Kenny said incredulously, his eyes finding Tweek's once more, hoping to silently wish them good luck. He knew Tweek would resent him for leaving him alone with Eric in a situation like this, but they had more of a chance than Kyle and Stan. So as Kenny peeled Tweek's fingers from his sleeve, giving a tight nod, he took off, kicking back some dirt as he followed the hunter to hopefully lead him to his friends.

"What a dick." Eric scoffed, enraged to have been second choice.

"L-let's go."

Eric's eyebrows scrunched together as he followed the mop of blonde hair through the clearing. Neither of them talked, keeping their footsteps quiet in case the hunter was around, or anyone else for that matter, but soon enough they emerged from the tall trees, both breathing erratically as they stepped out into the lit area.

An unsettling silence followed them, hanging in the air as they nervously waited for the others to pop out at any moment, but extended minutes passed, before forty more with no sign of Kenny, Kyle or Stan. Eric glanced in Tweek's direction, his throat feeling sore as he inhaled.

"We should probably try get help."

Tweek looked over to him, noticing the worry lines and out of order breathing patterns, but as he thought about the words just spoken, he realised how useless they'd be. Tweek didn't have his phone on him, whilst Eric's had died. The pond was too far away from any houses or stores for them to run and get someone, and going back in to try find them would only get them lost or killed.

So as Tweek swallowed harshly, he shook his head, closing his eyes as he breathed in through his nose. "There's nothing we can do." He barely whispered. "He said to wait."

He didn't have to look over to know that Eric would be scowling at him, but at the sound of an engine, his eyes darted around in hopes to find the sounds, and just off to their left, headlights peered through the trees, coming towards them with speed.

Eric's eyes lit up as he stepped forward, but Tweek grabbed his wrist, his eyes serious as he dragged the other back slightly. "What if it's not them."

Eric flickered his attention from Tweek, to the car approaching, not able to actually see it yet, before looking back to Tweek. His stomach dropped at the insinuation as he yanked his wrist free of Tweek's grasp. He bent to the ground, scooping up a stone in his hand, before pushing Tweek behind a tree. The two of them waited with anticipation as the cars engines become louder, now in sight as it sped past with Stan in the drivers seat.

"It's them." Eric sighed with relief, stepping out from his cover to launch the stone at Stan's car with force. It made a thudding noise before bouncing off, rolling back into the trees as the car screeched to a halt. Tweek stumbled out on shaky legs as he followed Eric, who was already running over to the car, but all he could focus on was the arrow bouncing up and down, and Tweek grimaced at the pain he must've been in.

The back door was thrown open as Kenny climbed out, urging them to move faster whilst his eyes uneasily looked back down the road, the way they'd just came from. "Tweek! Cartman! Run!"

"What do you think I'm doing!" Eric snapped, mid-pant. But then the sound of tires filled his ears again, and as he looked to the car, noticing it was completely still, his heart leaped, realising they'd just joined a car chase. The hunters truck skidded around the corner, honking deeply, almost angrily as a head poked out from the passengers side, a bow in the mans hands as he aimed it at them. "Who the fuck are these guys?"

Tweek was stunned as he momentarily slowed down, his eyes locking with the hunter for only a second, before picking back up his pace. Eric was close enough to push past Kenny, awkwardly throwing himself into the back of the car at an angle where he wouldn't sit on the arrow, his knees against the seat as he looked out the back window as the truck approached.

Tweek was still running, out of breath, with static filling his ears as he watched Kenny standing beside the car, shouting to him. Shouting words which Tweek couldn't hear. He couldn't hear the shouts from Eric telling them to go, but as he reached the car and pushed Kenny inside, he felt the intense, soaring pain that filled his bones as the hunter shot an arrow at his back. It only slightly pieced him since Kenny's thick coat had protected him.

He felt the blood trickle down his back as he reached over to pull the arrow out of himself, tossing it to the ground as Kenny dragged him into the car, with Stan speeding off before the door could even be closed. As Tweek's hearing finally began to come back to him, and Eric's annoying voice shouted to his left, telling Stan to drive faster, Tweek mentally promised himself, he'd never again hang around with these guys.