Edmund Mini

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! I'm really tired. Lol. Still have to pretend to function like a normal human being, and that means updating your Wattpad book! Let's do this! Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Prompt: 'You think I need you? Because I don't!' and 'That's it, I can't do this anymore.'

"You are toeing a line, Edmund."

"So be it!" He shouted. "You cannot defend yourself in court on your own. I know, I've had to do it and it will be a cold day in hell before I let you walk into that pit of treachery and backstabbing alone!"

"You think I need you? Because I don't!" you reminded him forcefully. "I am a lady of Narnia. I do not need a man to defend me from social outrage."

"Y/N, I'm trying to help you." He began to calm down, but Edmund calming down only meant that he was sure he could win the argument without raising his voice.

You had just about had it. Edmund had warned you about the dangers of Narnian court, and how noblemen had evil ways of getting what they wanted. You had assumed that he was just trying to scare you into avoiding court affairs, but after seeing one man double over after his drink was laced with poison and another shot through the window behind Peter's seat, there was no way you were leaving. The knowledge that anyone of the people in that cold room could drop dead at any moment was nearly thrilling. You got an adrenaline rush every time you sat in your chair, knowing that you might never stand up.

"Well, you are doing a great job of that," you said, jumping up from your place at your desk and grabbing the satchel you kept in the chest at the end of your bed. You began to stuff things into it, planning to bring only the essentials to a new room before you could get your things moved out of Edmund's.

"What are you doing?" He knew, if he was being honest. He just didn't want to hear you say it. "Y/N, answer me."

"That's it!" you exclaimed. "I can't take this anymore. I know that you are trying to protect me, and I really do appreciate that to a certain degree, but you are trying to hound me into not doing something that I find interesting, exciting even!"

"Y/N," he said cautiously, "I don't think you realize how unhealthy that is."

"Alright." You spoke in a steady voice. "If you want to tell me how unhealthy it is, be my guest, but if you want to 'help' me, then I need you to do it calmly and after you've figured out the best way to go about it." You picked up your satchel, slinging it over yourself and opening the door. "Once you've done that, it shouldn't be that hard to find me."

(A/N: Yep. Okay. That one failed. Oh well.)