Chapter Two

------------------------------

Therapy Session

------------------------------

        "So she told you she was a lesbian and you decided to become one too?"

        "Didn't you hear one word I said? Her saying she was one just made me realize I couldn't fight against myself anymore. I had derailed from the "normal" ways of the world way earlier than her. I was being stupid for letting society dictate my life. Her parents moved their entire family to a different state because they thought where they lived was a bad influence on their daughter. But just because they moved, didn't mean her feelings would change. Same for me. Just because my parents are sending me to therapy to cure me does not mean it will. I've been here what, an hour now and I still feel the same way. I like girls. No let me rephrase that. I love girls. I will always love girls and I will always love Lacey. Nothing will ever change that. Not my parents, not God or you. Only I can change me."

        "Hmm...You're really smart for your age. I didn't have anything figured out when I was your age."

        "Living in small town all your life will do that for you. Everyone around you is very narrow-minded. Change is hard to accomplish. Another reason why I'm here, because of my town.."

        "If your town were a little more open-minded do you think you wouldn't be here?"

        "Yes and no."

        "Why?"

        "Because even if my town were open-minded, I know for a fact my mother would never accept it. I would mostly likely still be sitting here. I don't know about my dad, but mother would never allow me to be who I am. I think, no I know for a fact she would lock me inside my room and never let me out so I would stop being gay."

        "That sounds harsh."

        "It is, but I'm used to her hating me."

        "Shall we continue?"

---------------------------------

Flashback

---------------------------------

        A few weeks after our afternoon in the clearing, we became inseparable, never one without the other, two peas in a pod, glued to the hip...get the point I'm making? Well if you're not, I don't care. And if you are, well bully for you.

        The more time we spent together, the more I fell in love with her. There wasn't anything I didn't like about her. Lacey would never bore me. I was certain of that. We had too much in common to get bored. We were disagreeing on some topics though.

        For example, I was religiously a rocker at heart. I did enjoy the occasional pop song and was a sucker for artists like Adele or Sara Bareilles. There was something about then that sucked me into their vortex. I liked to think it was their lyrics, but in fact it was the simplicity of their songs. Simple was sometimes better than complicated. But start talking about Usher or Nelly and you lost me. No offense to you fans out there, but I didn't see what everyone liked about their music. And when I told that to Lacey she was shocked. So that's why she's been bugging me about it for the past few weeks.