two | phil

He didn't expect Dan to want to actually contact him, so needless to say he was quite surprised when Dan took the paper back to write something else down.

Why did you write it down on a paper

Phil rolled his eyes and took the paper from Dan

I thought you couldn't hear

He watched Dan read the words, his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

Than why are you over here

Because I'm your partner

For what

Wow, what an asshole he is. Did he actually forget that Dan couldn't hear any of what the teacher was saying? He ripped out another sheet from his notebook and wrote all the instructions down then slide it over to Dan. Phil closes his eyes and placed his head in his hands till Dan finished reading. He felt the paper hit him in the elbow.

Thanks, Phil

Phil turned to Dan flashing him a small smile before writing down more.

Welcome what do you reckon we should write about?

Dan seemed to look rather exasperated by looking at the paper before writing down his answer.

Isn't it obvious we write about wizards

Phil had been thinking about just writing a Harry Potter fanfiction and just changing the names, but he decided to make up his own fantasy. He hesitantly wrote down his answer about Dan's idea before passing it back over.  He watched Dan's facial expressions carefully only to find that they didn't change at all. He simply just shrugged before writing on the paper and passing it over to Phil.

Okay I guess so what are we gonna do

Phil really hadn't thought this, he'd thought he could just ask Dan if he had any ideas. It seemed useless now though, seeing as Dan didn't have an idea either. He quickly wrote down his number and passed the paper back to Dan.

Text me, we can brainstorm then

Dan didn't even pass back the paper, he just nodded and put his head down to rest. Phil tried to entertain himself by writing down all the sing titles he knew, but he gave in to the boredom and the little voice in the back of his head whispering, "ask him."

Twenty questions?

The paper hit Dan's elbow just hard enough for him to notice. Luckily for Phil, Dan didn't look up because Phil was staring at him. Dan Howell was a pretty boy, at least that's what Phil thought. He especially liked his wavy brown hair, it sorta matched Phil's as it swooped to one side.

Sure

Okay, one whats your favorite color Dan

Phil rolled his eyes, thoroughly annoyed with himself. What a great question Phil. He thought to himself.

Black

Phil smirked as he wrote back his answer.

Black isn't a color it's a shade

well Phil, I'm sorry I didn't notice I'm not hearing much lately

Phil rolled his eyes while looking over at Dan who had on a wide smile. Also, may he add, the world's cutest dimples.

Oh I see you're one of those cheeky shits that make fun of their own disability

Dan quickly wrote back his answer and thrusted the paper into Phil's face.

Just trying to lighten the mood mate

They answered each other's questions back and forth, the questions were quite simple. They talked about animals, books, shows, and surprisingly, music.

What was the last song you listened to before you went deaf

Phil had also learned that Dan hadn't been deaf all his life, he didn't exactly tell Phil how he lost his hearing and he didn't need to. Phil understood.

I suppose it had to be a my chemical romance song

Cool, what other bands did you like before

Well I liked fall out boy, mcr, and muse

Phil smiled, bouncing a bit in his chair as he wrote down his response .

I like muse and fob too, they came out with a new album two years ago, shame you can't listen to any of the songs

Whats your favorite song on the album

Phil had to ponder on this a bit. He'd liked all the songs but if he had to single it down to one.

Probably the kids aren't alright

They got to ask each other a few more questions before the bell rang, Phil had already decided that he liked Dan before the end of the period. He had good music taste and was hilarious as ever, Phil almost broke out in laughter twice. Before he could walk out the door Miss. Marie called him over to her desk. "Listen, Phil if you don't wanna be Dan's partner I totally get it." Phil thought of interrupting her before she started to speak again. "It's just, I was informed that you didn't speak, and since Dan couldn't hear I'd thought it he a perfect fit." Phil grabbed a chalk and wrote down his reply on the board.

No, he's fine

Miss. Marie smiled. "Alright then, good-bye Phil." He waved before exiting the class room.