01 | emiline

"I'M NOT really fond of parties El, I'm sorry," Kira says, pulling out a biology book from her locker, dusting off the dust that had settled on top of it, a sign that it hadn't been touched for the past week

        Eleanor whines, tugging the sleeves of her faded blue top, "But it would be fun, I swear!"

        She just offered her a smile, closing her locker as she attempts to leave from Eleanor's grip on her sleeves. She successfully managed to do so, still with the small forced smile plastered on her face, -- that no one barely recognize as a fake one -- and now went off to the other direction, but still with Eleanor following her behind.

        "Is it because of Emiline?" Eleanor finally asks after two-minutes of silence on their way to Mr. Dalton's biology class.

        Kira's ears immediately felt hot and prickly, an event that usually takes place in her body whenever pushed to a topic she didn't want to get into. Eleanor looks at her with innocent blue eyes, waiting for an answer.

        But the thing is, Eleanor knows the answer. She knows that diving into a topic about Emiline would send Kira into a panic, and confusion, and remorse. She knows that as much as she loves Emiline, dealing with the topic of her missing is enough to cause Kira panic attacks.

        Afterall, all that everyone can think to talk about for the past six months is about Emiline.

        Emiline.

        Emiline.

        Emiline.
        Where is she?

        No one knows, even Kira, who happens to be Emiline's best-est friend in the whole wide world.

         They share secrets, dreams, thoughts, everything. They're like their own Blair to each other's Serena, the Spongebob to each other's Patrick, the Aria to each other's Spencer, the Chandler to each other's Joey. They were that inseparable.

        That's why, it had been a really big mystery when Emiline starts missing and Kira was left without any trace of a clue just like the others. Just like everyone in Northern Hills who doesn't really give a damn about her best friend, Emiline.

        "Earth to Kira!" Eleanor says, snapping her out of her trance. Kira didn't even realize that they were already in front of Mr. Dalton's room, and that they were already two minutes late. Damn it.

        Kira has made it clear to herself that she wouldn't be causing any school troubles after being gone for a week. But funny how on her first day since she come back, she's already late to her first class.

        It's all thanks to Eleanor.

        The two of them slowly, and quietly slipped inside the room, trying not to make even a single sound. Fortunately enough, Mr. Dalton is busy writing something on the board.