"do you want to come in?"

3: do you want to come in?

The party went on for what seemed like ages, and after at least an hour and a half of being there, I really started to get tired

The party went on for what seemed like ages, and after at least an hour and a half of being there, I really started to get tired. I hadn't seen Christian all night and I spent most of the time talking to random people I bumped into. It wasn't fun, but that was just my personal opinion. I didn't have enough connections with any of the people there to have fun—I just didn't know anybody.

After a couple minutes of looking around for Christian, I gave up and decided to go outside. It was starting to get really toasty in the house and I felt nauseous. I hadn't had a thing to drink, and nothing was going to change that.

As I walked outside, I noticed only a couple people out there. I immediately saw Calum and I groaned in annoyance as I decided to walk back into the house, but I wasn't quick enough.

"Maya!" Calum called out for me. He had been talking to a large group of people, but once I turned around, he was walking away from them. He had a huge smile on his face and I could tell he was intoxicated. There was no way he fully aware of what was going on. "I told you I'd see you."

"Yeah, you sure did," I told him, sighing lightly. "Well, I should get going, I—"

"Let me walk you home," Calum begged, which sparked my interest. Why would Calum, even drunk Calum, want to walk me home? "C'mon." Calum reached for my hand and as I moved it behind me, my eyebrows furrowed.

"What're you up to, Calum?" I asked skeptically. I didn't trust him, not in the slightest.

"I'm just being nice," he promised. "I know you don't like me, and I get it. I'm an assface, but I'm trying to make it up to you." Calum's words were so slurred that I could hardly understand what he was saying. "Forgive me?"

"Calum, you're incredibly drunk right now."

"You're right," he said, sighing to himself. "I can't drive myself home, how about you give me a ride?" Calum took a step toward me as he bit his lip and I brought my hand up, holding it between us so he couldn't get any closer. I actually laughed at him, wondering what was going through his head.

"You're wasted. I can't handle you when you're completely sober, so this is not going to work," I told him, continuing to laugh as I kept my hand in front of his chest. "Calum, maybe you should just crash at Noah's place, you—"

"I don't want to," Calum told me stubbornly. "I'm not that drunk, Maya, I promise." I eyed Calum suspiciously and he returned my look. "Can I walk you home?"

I looked over my shoulder at the house, and sighed quietly as I turned back to Calum. I really wanted to go home, but I needed to find Christian. I didn't want him to worry about me if he couldn't find me.

"Maya?" Calum asked and I slowly gave him a shrug.

"Fuck it, let's go." Calum smiled widely at my words and we both started to walk together. I decided I would just text Christian whenever I got home, it wouldn't be a big deal. It's not like I was going across town or something.