Chapter 32

Three days later....

Its been four days since the break up. I hoped to have stopped crying by now but whenever the memories surfaced back, tears made their way and I found myself in an utter mess. These past days I have been doing nothing but going to office, avoiding him, coming home, crying myself to sleep and the next day the same routine continues.

Thank God it was Saturday today and I didn't have to go to office today. I was a little nervous today and I didn't even know why. I felt like today was some important day of my life but I couldn't remember anything. My phone went off in my room. I got up from the couch where I had made my home for the past two hours and have been stuffing chocolate in my mouth for the time. It helped me to reduce stress and made me feel better.

"Hello." I answered to the unknown caller.

"Hello, am I talking to Miss Erica Williams?" A feminine voice spoke.

"Yes."

"Miss Williams, I am calling from the hospital, your reports are ready but you haven't collected them yet." Crap! I forgot that I had to collect my reports yesterday.

"Yeah. I completely forgot. I'll come right away." I said and was ready to take my keys when she stopped me.

"No problem Miss. We can send the reports to your address if you'd like. You can give us your address. "

I gave my address and was thankful that I didn't have to go. To be honest, I just felt like sleeping the whole day and not remembering any of the things that happened in the last few days. Maybe I was selfish but if it was me in place of Ethan, I'd choose my love instead of some goddamn company. This was the second time when the people I loved had chosen someone else over me. First my Dad and now Ethan. Earlier me and my Dad were not as close as we were now. It was when the whole High school fiasco happened that Dad became closer to me.

The door bell rang and I immediately went to open the door. As expected there was a man with a file in his hand. I immediately signed the delivery and took the file. I shut the door and came in. I wasn't slightly nervous about the reports earlier but now I was feeling a bit uneasy. No matter how much I was depressed at this point I didn't want any sickness coming over me. Nobody wanted to die.

I opened the file and skimmed through the pages. Each line that I had read showed some of the general tests that I had taken for any diseases. They were all negative and I breathed a sigh of relief, however as I reached the last line, the one single line had my eyes widening in fear and my heart skipped a beat.

No! No! This couldn't happen. Not now. This was a mistake, this had to be someone else's report. This couldn't happen to me.

I felt the room around me spin. This was like my worst nightmare. I wasn't going to end up like my mother. She had suffered so much, it couldn't happen to me. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves but I couldn't stop myself from shaking. I felt tears blinding my vision. I clutched the file tighter to my chest and uncontrollable tears flew through my eyes. I cried my heart out sitting in my couch.

After what I felt like hours I stopped crying. I felt dry tears sticking to my  cheeks. Anger and frustration built up inside me. I grabbed my car keys and headed straight to Dad's office to do that one thing that I should have done long back. Nevertheless I was going to handle things on my own now.

I sped down the roads and within a few minutes I found myself at my destination. I reached the reception and asked the receptionist the address to Dad's office.

"Do you have an appointment miss?" The lady in her forties asked me.

"No but I have an urgent work with him. I have to meet him." I said getting irritated with each passing second.

"Sorry, miss. But we can't let you in without.."

"Just let me go in, I won't take much time. Tell him I am here to meet him, he'll let me in." I spoke.

"I am sorry but.." Damn she was adamant. I knew that she was just doing her work but I was getting impatient now.

"Tell him his daughter is her. Erica Williams." I said finally I saw her eyes widened but she obliged anyway. She dialled a number and spoke something. After waiting for a few minutes she answered the call again and hung up.

"You can go in miss. I am sorry if I didn't recognize you. Mr. Taylor will be on the 26th floor. You can go there by elevators and there you'll see his secretary Lara. She will lead you in his office." I nodded and followed the instructions. As told a lady was standing near the elevators, I assumed her to be Lara. She came towards me and said,"Miss Williams, welcome. Mr. Taylor is waiting for you." She gestured me to follow her and I went with her. She knocked on the door and when Dad called us in I walked in and Lara stayed outside.

Dad and Caleb were sitting on the couch besides and when they saw me Dad immediately stood up and came to my side. "Sweety, what brings you here? You have never come to visit me here." Dad stated. I was however in no mood for a pleasant conversation. I was fuming with anger and I just wanted to let it out. It didn't matter that Caleb was right here and he would be listening to our conversation.

"Why did you do this Dad?" I asked straight away. He looked confused by my question. Even Caleb appeared confused.

"What did I do? Why are you so upset?" He asked.

"Do I mean nothing to you? Why do the person's I love keep abandoning me? First you chose to leave me and now him, all for them. I know for a fact that I am just as your child as Caleb or Christine. " I said with tears.

"What are you saying? Please be clear. Who left you?"

"Ethan Dad. Ethan left me for her. I blame you for all this. You and his parents initiated this marriage. How can you be so inconsiderate? Just when I thought that I was going to be happy and it was all taken away from me. All for what? Some CEO position? That's it. It was more important for him than my love for him." I was sobbing uncontrollably by now. Dad stood shocked by my confession.

"You and Ethan? How long for?" Caleb asked. I almost forgot that he was here too.

"Yes me and Ethan and for months. He loved me and I loved him too. He said that his father threatened him to throw him out of everything and he would lose everything if he didn't do as he said. And its nice to know that you chose one daughter's happiness over your other daughters and Ethan's happiness." I said sarcastically to him. He was still in shock but he recovered quickly.

"Erica. I had no idea that you and him.. You should have told me. I would've never gone with this idea. When Martin told me that he wanted to convert our friendship into a family I was very pleased. I had already a suspicion that Christine was in love with Ethan so I agreed." That pissed me off more.

"Wow Dad. You never thought about me when he said about the family thing? You deduced that she was in love with him but you never bothered to find out if your other daughter was having someone in her life?" I felt like laughing at my own life. Such a pathetic life I was living, where no one gave a shit about me. Neither my own father nor my boyfriend.

"Erica no I..." He said but I stopped him from saying further. I was more angry now and I had no control over it now. "Bye Dad." I said and turned to leave before he could say anything.

I went home again and called the only one person who I trusted now. Alex. She was with me for every problem and she stood by my side no matter the circumstances. She was by my side during the whole high school drama and I would get some consolation from her. I dialled her number and she answered on the fourth ring.

"Hey, how are you? I hope you are better. You got your reports? What did it say?" I couldn't form words to say the truth. But I gathered up courage and said,

"Alex.... " I took  pause.

There was a pause from the other side as well. I closed my eyes and spoke the truth,

"... I am pregnant."

---*-*-*---
Who guessed it right?

Vote
Comment
& Share